Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Trip to the Magic Kingdom



On May 16th Bill and I were lucky enough to meet one of my Twitter friends Barb S. (@winterbabe98) and her family at The Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World for an afternoon of sunshine, laughter, and lots of fun sprinkled with Disney Magic!



Here is Barb with Wendy and Peter Pan... she was so excited to see them, she was just like a little kid.  Kind of like I get when I see Mickey Mouse.  I so love that Disney World can turn adults into little kids at the drop of a hat, it is definitely "The Happiest Place on Earth."   {Check out the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World For Grown-Ups (Unofficial Guides) if your not sure what to do at Disney World if you don't have children.}



We of course, rode The Pirates of the Caribbean {I mean, come on, a chance for me to see Johnny Depp - even in animatronics!}; and we went to the Haunted Mansion and the Jungle Cruise {corny jokes and all} because it is still a great ride and a chance to sit down and get a cool breeze.  We also went into Mickey's Philharmagic ~ everybody has to love those 3-D plus shows, they are really amazing.  Barb's son Steven went on Space Mountain, but Barb and I didn't due to our similar spinal issues.

And we did LOTS of talking and laughing... it was like Barb and I had known each other forever, and Barb's husband Steve and Bill got along really great!  Not to mention that their son Steven is an absolute joy!  That is my FAVORITE thing about social networking, the people you meet online you really get to know and become just like family {sometimes even closer}.  You learn all about them, their spouses, children, etc., and you start to care very deeply about them and what happens to each and every one of them.  So, thank you Barb for the terrific afternoon we got to spend together - and both Bill & I are looking forward to doing it again soon. 

I also hope that those of you whom I have met online through Facebook, Twitter and blogging who come down to central Florida and are headed near Disney World, please, let me know, I would love to spend a day with you and your family, because isn't that what Social Networking is all about?  Connecting!


{L to R: Steven, Bill, me and Barb}


Until next time..... Lorie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW FUN!!! I Love Disney World! I have gotten to go twice when I was a teenager. I cant wait to take my kids one day!

ConnieFoggles said...

I'm glad you were able to do this again. You're such a sweet person that even if you were taking someone to see a garbage dump, they'd have fun! I'll be in touch next time we're visiting the World.

Barbara said...

It was cool spending time with you guys on my birthday!!! We enjoyed the day with you and Bill!

Tami Winbush said...

You take some of the most wonderful pictures! :)

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Beautiful photos. I will definitely let you know! I am dying to get out there!

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh my gosh, I bet you were in your glory!! Hehe.

Simply Being Mommy said...

How fun! We want to get back to Disney as soon as we can!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

One day sweetie :).

~ Noelle said...

glad yall had fun!
I didnt see peter and wendy :(

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010