Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday's Music Moves Me has Gone Country

Photobucket



  *** By the way, I want to thank my cohosts for holding down the fort this week and last week - with particular mention to my good buddy Dolly  Valentine kissas I was getting ready for my convention and while I was away... You guys are the best!! ***


Welcome back to our rockin' good meme Monday's Music Moves Me! The exciting music meme that XmasDolly and I are hosting, now along with Larry from Cakeblast and Callie from JamericanSpice. Won't you play along... here are the rules:



First step: You need to run on over to You Tube, (or wherever your find your songs/videos) and get your pick for the day according to the theme. Upcoming themes are over on Dolly's blog on the right sidebar.

Second Step: Grab our "Monday's Music Moves Me" button above or on Dolly's right sidebar.

Third step: Dance with (follow) your hostesses (that would be me and Dolly); grab our buttons; then sign the linky, either here or on Dolly's blog - they are linked.

 Cowboy Final step: Start lookin' for a partner and boogie on down to her blog (or his), and say hello by leaving a comment, and tag (follow) her/him. If you've been tagged (followed) be polite, and go on over there, leave a comment and tag (follow) her/him back.


I have always loved Dolly Parton and this is one of my favorite songs of hers.  When I discovered she did a duet with another of my favorite female singers, I had to share this video with you.....


Dolly Parton and Melissa Etheridge: "Coat of Many Colors"





 Cowgirl Don't forget to sign the linky and visit the other participants and leave them some comment love.  Also Visit Amanda, Run DMT and Hairbows & Guitar Picks for more Music Monday fun.   Rock On, my friends!!!






10 comments:

XmasDolly said...

Well we're down in numbers this time. Such a bummer, but this pick is great and thanks for taking the time to put up your Post. How nice of you. Hope you're feeling better. I've never saw this video. Dang, Dolly pardon has such skinny legs. Nobody put up Dolly today. I'm surprised. I should have thought about it harder I guess. Have a good one. Thanks again my very dear friend.

Joanie said...

I love a lot of Dolly Parton's songs!

Sofa King said...

Totally not into country, but I will have one of my originals up next week if you're interested. I'm a follower. Take er' easy!

Cheeseboy said...

I've never seen this combo. Kind of polar opposites, but they sound good together.

Pardonne Moi said...

My favorite Dolly song!

Night Owl Mama said...

Oh my there's a duo. stopping by from mom dot :D

Anonymous said...

I have always loved this song!

Adaptable Kay said...

Even though I'm not a country fan, I do love me some Dolly {my cyber mommy AND the country singer LOL}.

Great video Lorie!

Have a musical week xD

Tami Winbush said...

Sorry to not be in it this week. (Again) but after putting my daughter in the hospital and then falling and not getting out of bed for days, I haven't done much of anything. I haven't heard this song in ages. Thanks!

~ Noelle said...

love me some dolly

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010