Friday, September 11, 2009

WDW EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival

My name is Lorie, and I'm a Disney World addict! There, I've said it... :-) So is The Hubs... he admits it too. One of our favorite events is coming up at EPCOT in two weeks: the International Food and Wine Festival ~~ Yippee!!!

This year the event runs from Sept. 25th - Nov. 8th, and we usually go up to three nights each week during the event (since we live in Celebration, FL which is 5 min. from Disney, we are annual Passholders). We like to try out the food from all 27 stations represented, including our favorites:

~ Ireland: Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey's Ganache
~ Poland: Kielbasa and Potato Pirogie
~ Morocco: Beef Kefta Pita Pocket
~ Canada: Cheddar Cheese Soup

Along with all the wine parings that go with the foods. Samuel Adams does a fantastic History of Beer in the American Pavilion, and you get to taste several beers ranging from a light pilsner to a very dark Octoberfest, I usually give mine to The Hubs, it's a little too strong for me.

There are several Wine and Beer tastings throughout the event and celebrity cooking demonstrations along with wine parings. There are book signings, and many, many more events, many of which are included with your park ticket (some are not, so you have to check the event guide) . There are also "Eat to the Beat Concerts" with a huge variety of musicians such as:

~ Richard Marx
~ Starship staring Mickey Thomas (we will be there - our 3rd time seeing them)
~ Sister Hazel
~ Taylor Dayne
~ Taylor Hicks ....... and lots more.....
(The concerts are held at the American pavilion and included in the price of your park ticket .)

And of course, every night at 9:00pm there is a gorgeous display of fireworks over the lagoon. So if any of you are coming down to central Florida Sept. 25 - Nov. 8, stop over to the EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival - I'm sure there will be something you can find that will please you!!

Until next time..... Lorie

10 comments:

Felicia said...

Lorie.. can we come visit and go to Disney with you! LOL!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Lorie I so want to be there! I'm stuck on Baileys and then history of beer ... LOL :)

This looks like so much fun, I would love it!

From Janes Oven said...

Hey girl,
Your prayer at the top of you blog is beautiful....almost made me cry.
Stopping by from SITS

Have a wonderful weekend

Jane said...

I'm so jealous! My daughter calls me "Disney Dork" - I, too, share your love of Disney. And you're living where I'd love to live. Have fun at the Food and Wine Festival. It's one of our favorite celebrations at Disney World.
(And thanks for your kind words on my blog. You're too sweet!)

kailani said...

I love WDW! We went there on our honeymoon and didn't want to leave. I can't wait to take the girls!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I have never been...but would like to.

Simply Being Mommy said...

That sounds like loads of fun!

Connie said...

That sounds like the best time! The different countries at Epcot was our favorite part of Disney!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Richard Marx????? OMG - he still sings? Boy, seeing that little guy's name brings back memories.

S3XinthePantry said...

It sounds GREAT!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010