Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Flashback Photo: Remembering our Military this Memorial Day Weekend

.

Friday Photo Flashback


Alicia from More Than Words says she started Friday Photo Flashback because "I have so many pictures from my PRE-digital camera days. I thought it would be fun to scan them and share them here with you.. I'm having so much fun doing this, that I would love for you to join me, too! So dig out the photo albums and put your scanner to good use! Don't forget to link up so we can all visit and comment on each others blogs!"

I have been so busy lately, that I haven't done one of these posts in several months, but I wanted to take this opportunity to showcase my Uncle Raymond (my dad's brother) in Korea when he was in the Air Force.


I also want to share a photo of my son when he was in Afghanistan serving in the Army. Today is the 2nd anniversary of the death of one of his brothers-in-arms.



As you celebrate your holiday weekend, please remember those who have served to protect our country and their families. Pray for those who have made the ultimate sacrifice:










Share your flashback photo on your blog and link up with Alicia on her blog.

Wishing you all a fabulous holiday weekend with those you love. Be safe!






.

3 comments:

Adaptable Kay said...

This is definitely a holiday to celebrate and be grateful for each and every one of those wonderful people serving to keep us all safe and give us a better life!

Have a wonderful and safe holiday Lorie!

XmasDolly said...

Whoa thanks for sharing and glad to see you joined us on Friday. Did you sign up at Alicia's? Fabulous pics & just look at that handsome son of yours. Have a safe/fun Memorial Weekend. hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

More Than Words said...

What wonderful pics! I love both photos..past and present!!

What a great tribute to your Uncle, and for recognizing one of your son's buddies!!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010