Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to My Dad - You are Missed

.


Today would have been my father's 73rd birthday, and while my childhood wasn't always the best, there are some things that I do cherish about my youth. My father gave me my love of music, reading, and photography.


My dad passed away a few years ago and there are still times I still think of him and miss some things about him. I was going through photos the other day and found this one of my dad and his older brother, it was taken just as my dad was starting to decline. It is one of the few photos of my dad and the only one of my uncle that I have.

(L-R) Uncle Raymond Sullivan and My Dad, Donald Sullivan

Wishing you were still here daddy, so that we could have worked things out and had a happier life together. Wherever you are, know that on this, your birthday, I am thinking of you and missing you.



.

5 comments:

Bobbie said...

((hugs)) the hardest thing for me is the anniversary of a loved ones passing. Wishing your dad a Happy Birthday and sending you lots of love and hugs!

Jenine said...

Awwww. My father-in-law passed away two years ago and we still miss him terribly.

Adaptable Kay said...

Aw, what a lovely tribute Lorie-I'm sure you're dad is looking down on your and smiling at what an amazing woman you grew up to be :)

Happy birthday Mr. Sullivan!

XmasDolly said...

Awwwww, I agree a lovely tribute my friend I do know how you feel. I lost my dad to lung Cancer in 1980. He was only 57 & yes I was a daddy's girl when I was little. I'm sure our dad's are together bragging about us. hugsssssss and I'll add an extra prayer for him tonight.

Tami Winbush said...

He gave you all the best parts of him honey. You did the rest.

Were he and your uncle twins? Wow, they look so much alike.

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010