Sunday, May 6, 2012

Monday's Music Moves Me: 5/7/2012 ~ It's a Foreign Affair

.

Photobucket


Just want to let you all know that I am having trouble with my email and I am unable to respond to your comments, which is really upsetting to me. It is very important to me to contact anyone who leaves me a comment so I am very sorry that I can't do so this week. As soon as I can, I will get back to you all. [BTW, if you do leave me a comment, don't forget to leave your email so I CAN respond to you - when my email is fixed. =)]

Welcome to Monday's Music Moves Me!!! We want to make our meme fantastic but, we cannot do that without all of you... so come on share your music with us and get your friends to share with us, too. Our fearless leader is none other that the sweetest and most wonderful Marie of XmasDolly. Helping her keep this train running are ME, my dear friend Stacy of Stacy Uncorked, the lovely Callie of Jamerican Spice and now we are introducing a new member of our crew... the wonderful and talented Cathy of Cathy Kennedy's Blog - let's give her a standing ovation, shall we. We will also have some helpers along the way when we need to because life is.... well, life! For the month of May (starting today) our dear friend Denise of RunDMT, who is a faithful supporter of Monday's Music Moves Me, will be helping out due to lots of "life" that is going on with several of us. Thank you SO much Denise - you are AWESOME!!

Here is what you need to do to play along....

First step: Head on over to You Tube, or anywhere you get your music videos and post them on your blog! Upcoming themes are to you LOWER RIGHT of XmasDolly's blog.


Second Step: Grab our "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button, mine is on my right sidebar, or off of any of the hosts' sites.

Third step: SIGN THE LINKY - Follow your hosts (we will all follow you and try to comment each week), grab their buttons too when you visit (mine is on my right sidebar above the 4M button) and show them some love by leaving a comment.

Final step: Go visit the other Rockers on our Linky and PLEASE show them some love by leaving them a comment, you know you like comments, they do too!



This week's theme is Music From Other Countries (You can cheat and use Hawaiian songs, too), suggested by our very own regular participant Mr. Cool. If you don't want to use that theme, you can post a song(s) by someone with your initials!!! So, let's see what got me moving today......


Danny Boy ~ Michael Londra (the scenery of Ireland is gorgeous)



Waltzing Matilda ~ From Australia



Not sure if this next one is "technically" from another country, but it's from a story about another country, and it was one of the first ones I thought of for this theme.....


Don't Cry for me Argentina ~ Patti LuPone



... and finally, even though I've posted this one before, I really LOVE this song. It makes me and my kids laugh everytime we hear it.


Drunken Scotsman ~ Bryan Bowers




I really hope you enjoyed my songs - now it's your turn! So now pick your songs, write a post and don't forget to add it to one of the linky's - there is one on each of the hosts' blog. And bring along a friend, will you - the more the merrierwe say!  We can't wait to hear your songs, plus you might be chosen as our Spotlight Dancer and be in the #1 or 2 linky spot, like this weeks spotlight winners.


Christina of Getting it Right at Thirty ~~ and ~~ Lucy of Lucy's Reality

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Don't forget to grab the Spotlight Dancer button from XmasDolly's blog and proudly display it on your blog showing everyone that you were picked!





Now, go on and post your songs... get your friends to post their favorite songs and link up so we all can hear them... and have a musical Monday.

ROCK ON, MY FRIENDS!!


I'm very sorry to say there are some people not playing along just using our linky to get traffic for their blogs! Unfortunately, these bloggers will be marked and ignored, you will not get any benefit from our linky, so don't bother. All we ask is that you leave a comment, grab our button, ad/or follow us. If you don't want to post a video, you can post a link to a video, or post some lyrics, but please - at least attempt to make it music related.


*** Just one more thing...
PLEASE, we are family friendly blogs
and while we really don't want to censor anyone,
but we do ask that you keep your songs rated PG13 or less.
If you find that you need to post songs of an explicit sexual nature or language,
please find a different venue.
If your song does contain a small amount of questionable language,
please put disclaimer BEFORE the video.
Thank you very much!***

.

9 comments:

XmasDolly said...

OMG Those are great. Wonderful choices and that last one is a hoot! Great job my friend. You so ROCK! Have a great day!

Cathy Kennedy said...

You rock, girl! Danny Boy wins the ticket here. This is one of my favorites. All of your song selections are classics. I should have known this is what you would have picked, too. =D Have a groovy day!

Music From Around the World

Run DMT said...

I love Danny Boy and Waltzing Matilda. Such classics! I hadn't heard that Drunken Scotsman but I can't wait to play it for my hubby, my own drunken Scotsman. And yes, it's true about what's under or not under their kilts. ;-)

Stacy Uncorked said...

Loving all your choices, Lorie! And that last one has me giggling so hard I'm finding it difficult to type! ;) Have a great week - and thanks so much for the laugh! :)


All That She Wants Truly Madly Deeply, is Somebody That I Used To Know Back In Time… Don’t Even Think About It!

Lucy said...

Enjoyed all your choices and my favorite.... Don't Cry For Me Argentina, I love that song!!
Have a wonderful week :)

Colette S said...

I've always loved that song by Patti.

You have very nice selections!

have a great week!

Cakeblast said...

I liked the Drunken Scotsman song - and the scenery in the Danny Boy vid really was beautiful.. I would love to go to Ireland someday!

Danielle S said...

These were great! I knew someone would have Waltzing Matilda.

Danielle @ Royalegacy

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

I thought your choice were great! The last one I have not heard and humored me.
~Naila Moon

http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/05/mondays-musicreally-late.html

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010