Thursday, August 26, 2010

Meet the New Member of Our Family

Please meet Mandie Kathryn Shewbridge... she is an eight pound one year old Chihuahua/Miniature Pinscher mix that we rescued from the Helping Paws Humane Society.  She had been abused before and was fostered by a lovely couple who took great care of her for the last few months and we are very grateful to them.  She is such a sweetheart and hardly makes any noise at all, she loves to cuddle and sleeps with us all curled up in a ball.  She is already potty trained, which makes my life much easier.  She is a bit skittish with people but eventually comes around with patience and gentleness.  She is getting along with the other babies in the house fairly well, but is still a little shy, I am sure in a short time they will all be life-long friends.  I am so happy that we were able to open our home and hearts to this little love. 












"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."


~ George Eliot


If you are considering getting a pet for your family, please consider opening your hearts to an abandoned or abused pet from the ASPCA or Humane Society.  Check with your local shelter, you will be doing a wonderful thing for your family and for a loving animal.... you may even be saving a life.
 

13 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

How SWEET! Oh I bet she'll get along great with them in no time :) What a love.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

She is so sweet. Congratulations.

Night Owl Mama said...

awww so sweet. SHe's adorable. Wish we could have pets but my son's allergies won't let us. SO sad

Lucinda said...

Congratulations on your new arrival!

Simply Being Mommy said...

She is adorable! Congratulations on the new addition.

fredamans said...

She really is a cutie patootie omgosh! She looks happy and in an abused animal, that's something. She is safe and healthy now in your home, and will be loved. Lucky baby girl.

~ Noelle said...

yay!
I am so happy you got her!!!!
Yet another one to spoil!
:)
CONGRATS

Adaptable Kay said...

You have such a big heart Lorie!! Congratulations on the newest member of your household :)

I have a feeling we will see much (MUCH) more of her in future posts! hehe.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OMGoodness I so knew after babysitting you would need more babies in the house :). Glad to hear she is potty trained!

Margaret Cloud said...

What a little sweetie and I know she will fit in your house, you are the kindest person I know. And how do I know this, from reading all your post about your pets, the love comes through loud and clear. God bless you for taking her in, I love the name you gave her.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Yay for you two for adopting her! So many animals need good homes! And I am sure she will be another baby you will spoil and love!

Tami Winbush said...

How adorable. Makes me want to crochet something for her. :) I wish I lived closer, your puppies would all have more cute sweaters. :)

Maria's Space said...

I am sure she is loving all the attention, poor little sweetie. She was adopted by the right home!

What happened, all the other dogs went home and your house suddenly felt empty?!

Did you have to buy her new dresses or are they all wearing the same size?

Do you have little mini doggy hangers and a whole closet of clothes? I don't think I have seen the same outfit twice.

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010