Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy National Waffle Day





HAPPY NATIONAL WAFFLE DAY
(not to be confused with International Waffle Day on March 25th)

According to Mr.Breakfast.com:
National Waffle Day (August 24) is the anniversary of the first U.S. patent for a waffle iron. Cornelius Swarthout of Troy, New York received his patent for a "device to bake waffles" in 1869. His early waffle iron was used in conjunction with coal stoves, consisted of a griddle and a cover and required flipping of the device to cook both sides of the waffle.

My favorites happen to be: 1. (As if you couldn't guess this one) Mickey Mouse waffles from Disney World, and of course I have the recipe an a MM Waffler so I can make them at home; and 2. Belgian waffles with strawberries and fresh REAL whipped cream.  What's your favorite?

7 comments:

Tami Winbush said...

We had waffles last week - not going to happen again today! Darn. Will you have one for me?

Huggles,

Tami

Savannah Chase said...

Those look so yummy, I don't remember the last time I had some...

Unknown said...

Umm, YUM! I never knew there was a "Waffle Day"!

Margaret Cloud said...

These made me hungry and they look so yummy. I can't remember the last time I had a waffle. Have a nice night.

~ Noelle said...

why does it totally NOT surprise me that you have a MM waffle maker?!
Broxton will have to come eat with you one day!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I so knew Mickey's face would be the first I would see :)

Maria's Space said...

I can't remember the last time I had waffles. It had to be more than 20 years ago. We do love breakfast in our house though! I can skip everything else but I can't skip breakfast.

BTW...not surprised Mickey is your favorite...

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010