Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award ~ Aw, Shucks, You Shouldn't Have.....

.


I have been blessed by two of my dear friends, Joanie of Joanie's Random Ramblings and the wonderful Marie of XmasDolly to be given the Stylish Blogger Award.  I am so grateful to both of these women because I find them both to be so sweet and generous and loving that I am beyond words in how to say thank you. 

Joanie is the mother of 3 grown children and in a relationship with the love of her life who she says "can absolutely curl her toes." I just love that about her!! The other amazing thing about her is that she is the caregiver for that wonderful man as he is battling lymphoma. However, she is always upbeat and encouraging with her posts and her comments and emails. She is truly a remarkable woman. Please head on over to her blog so you can see what an incredible person Joanie is.

As for Marie from XmasDolly, you probably all know her really well because I talk about her all the time... We have become really good friends through blogging and emails and phone calls. She and I co-host Monday's Music Moves Me {shameless plug noted} and are always trying to help each other promote things on our blogs.  Marie aka Dolly, is the mother of 4 and grandmother or 9 - though you would never know it to look at her. She is also married to a marvelous man who is a superb musician and loves her dearly, as well he should. Dolly also has some of the same medical problems that I do, so we spend time complaining to each other when we are in pain and then helping each other when we need a boost. I am very lucky to have found such a wonderful friend in Dolly.


So... onto the award. The rules of the award are:

1. I am to thank the people who awarded me (Done) and link back to their blogs (Done).

2. Share 7 things about myself. (OK, listed below, but promise you'll keep them a secret).

3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers and let them know they have been awarded. - Well, I am really not one to pass on awards, so I'd like to offer this to my last 15 followers. If that is you, please take the award and write a post please and let me know who you are. I will come on over and leave you a wonderful comment. (Don't forget to leave an email.)


So here are seven things about me:

1. I started getting gray hair at age 22 but refused to let it show and colored my hair until I was 40 and it got too expensive to have it done professionally and too painful for me to do it myself.

2. My husband is 24 years older than I am... Yes, people, I am a trophy wife... NOT! I'm a kept woman. No, seriously, Bill and I met and became friends but refused to fall in love... then we refused to get involved... then we refused to move in together.... then we refused to get married. March 15th with be our 14th wedding anniversary. Oh, well..what can I say, he's a sweetheart.

3. My immediate family (mother, sisters and brothers-in-law) have nothing to do with me because of religious differences.

4. I am disabled due to spinal stenosis and spinal arthritis along with nerve damage and have had two spinal surgeries. I have 8 screws, 4 bars and cadaver bone in my lower and cervical spine.

5. I drink my coffee with one Equal and no milk.

6. My favorite thing to drink over everything is just plain water - pretty boring, huh?

7. I LOVE the fact that I have met so many wonderful people through blogging, it has become my lifesaver so many times over the last year and a half.


So, thank you so much to Joanie and Dolly for giving me this award, you are both such amazing women and I want to be like you both when I grow up. HUGGLES!!

.

4 comments:

Graceful Mom said...

Always great to read these little snippets about you Lorie! I didn't realize your hubs is 24 yrs older than you are but it doesn't matter, you guys are an inspiration. I love the fact that you were friends first, I find that always so romantic!

Grace @ Sandier Pastures

Anonymous said...

Your grey is lovely! :)

I had no idea about the age difference between you and Bill...but it doesn't matter. Can't stop love, huh? Even if you try. ;)

All interesting tidbits. Congratulations on your award!!

Simply Being Mommy said...

It's so cool to learn all that new stuff about you :) Congrats on the award.

~ Noelle said...

you so deserve this...
and hey, i got to learn something new about you!!!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010