Monday, March 7, 2011

How'd Y'all Say That Again???

.

I ran across this Blog Hop on Cat's blog Three Kids and Us and just had to join in... I know I am later than everyone else, but it is just so much fun, that I had to share it with everyone.  Cat found it on Annie's blog Mama Dweeb.  The idea behind the hop is to see how people from all around the country pronounce different words and hear what they call different things... It really is a ton of fun. My favorite is Jon and Cat from Three Kids and Us they live in the same house and can't even agree. TeeHee.....

So here is how a woman who grew up in New England, the center of Connecticut, to be precise and then moved to Florida sounds: (the list of words and questions are listed under the video)




Words:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught



And here are the list of questions:

~What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?

~What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
~What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
~What do you call gym shoes?
~What do you say to address a group of people?
~What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
~What do you call your grandparents?
~What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
~What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
~What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

OK, so let's hear how you sound and head on over to the other blogs and see how every body else sounds, one of my favorites is Annette from Funnyjello, you really have to check it out, she's from Yew-Tah.

Have a great week!

.

4 comments:

That Tech Chick said...

You dont have much of an accent but then again I do like that you said yall!!

Unknown said...

Oh I loved this!! Wish I wasn't so late-I'd do it too!

Annette said...

I don't think you have any kind of an accent. I'm so glad you don't say pee-can. Ugh, that just annoys the crap out of me. LOL

Thanks for all the shout-outs! :D <3

Night owl Mama said...

slam slam slam.... Ouch!! it's all about how we say things not about what's proper...

lol
doris day? who's that?
I did notice that I pronounce things differently when I'm saying them verses reading them so that's one thing that should be clear.
I did notice I don't call the shopping cart a cart
I call it a BASKET! lol
luv'd your video and your glasses Huggies

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010