Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday's Recipe Swap Meet ~ Stuffed Peppers

.


OK... we know you have all these recipes that you love to make. You got them from your mother, your grandmother, a magazine, or maybe you made it up, perhaps you don't even remember where the recipe came from. Well, how about sharing them with all of us? We are going to share ours with you every Thursday!


My good friend and (according to her husband) excellent cook, Dolly over at XmasDolly and I are now doing a recipe swap; we want to share ours with you and wold LOVE to get some of your favorites as well... So welcome to Thursday's Recipe Swap Meet, here is all you have to do:




Photobucket


Post a recipe on your blog, sign the linky on either blog (they will be linked), grab our new button - isn't she cute - hubby says she looks like me... TeeHee? (above, on my sidebar and on my Co-Chef Dolly's blog) and check out the recipes. Don't forget that each week you actually will be getting at least TWO for the price of ONE because both Dolly and I will post a recipe on each of our blogs. How simple is that??

Stuffed Peppers



Brown about 1 lb. ground beef (I use at least 90% lean beef) in large skillet; add 1 cup crushed tomatoes, garlic sea salt, celery flakes, parsley, and pepper to taste; then add appox. 1 Tbls. of tomato paste
Cook all until heated through; **next add approx. 1/2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs (or crushed saltines) until ground beef can be held together like meatballs.
**Edited from original post on Thursda, as I was doing it from memory and I forgot to list this - I ran out of bread crumbs, so they weren't in the photo..... Sorry. =(
 
 
 
 

Cut a large green pepper in half, scoop out seeds and stem; stuff half of browned ground beef mixture into each half of pepper and place into oven safe casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray (I prefer Pam spray).






Pour a couple of Tbls. EVOO, Worcestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce over stuffed peppers and about 1/4 cup red wine over peppers. Add a little more garlic sea salt and ground black pepper.






Bake in preheated 375 degree oven covered for 30 minutes; remove cover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until beef is cooked thoroughly.






Serve with rice or noodles.... I prefer Uncle Ben's rice.... seasoned with butter and salt and pepper.









Bill likes his with the rice on the side and I like mine all mixed together. I also share mine with the doggies and I get 6 out of 6 puppy tail wags.


So now all you have to do is sign our linky so we all can find your recipes. You check out all ours and we will check out all yours. If you don't want to write it all down and you know of one on line just post a link to it on your blog or leave it in a comment if you prefer!


For more recipes, head on over to Ms.BiBi at Daily Organized Chaos.


Let's get cooking..... Bon Appetit!

8 comments:

Katie @ Time 2 Eat Yall said...

Ummm.. I love stuffed peppers! Yours look excellent. I cook mine with the rice inside with my tomato mixture.

Anonymous said...

I don't get to eat stuffed peppers enough. I LOVE them but I would be the only one to eat them and I almost never cook just for myself. These look so yummy and your recipe sounds super easy. "Like".

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I love, love stuffed peppers. I can't wait for all the fresh Hungarian peppers to be ready for picking.

It's so good to be back and I hope you can come over and link up this great recipe to my Foodie Wednesday.

Have a great rest of the week, Lorie.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Mmm! My grandma Charlie used to make stuffed peppers all the time. I remember helping her :) They're so good! Your recipe looks very similar to her method :)

Run DMT said...

I haven't had stuffed peppers in AGES. Of course, the ones my mom used to make were more Italian style, but your sounds so yummy. I need to add this to our recipe rotation. My family would love it.

Whitney said...

I have never had stuffed peppers, but this looks tasty and fairly simple. We love peppers, so I'll have to try this. Thanks!

Penelope said...

I love stuffed peppers..cool recipe!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

YUMMY, I'm sorry blogger hated me last Thurs so I couldn't play along.

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010