Monday, May 2, 2011

How'd Y'all Say That Again??? Part 4

.



Annie of MamaDweeb has come up with another great dialect blog hop. A list of words for all of us to say and questions to answer to see how people around the country pronounce different words or call different every day things. If you want to check out Part 1 see MamaDweeb's blog.



So here is my video, how I sound from Florida via Connecticut:




Here are the words for this vlog:  Why, Outside, Chic, Boutique, February, Right of way, Porsche, Behind, Tomorrow, Bye, Organization

Here are the questions:

~ Pin & Pen – do you same them the same or different?
~ What do you call a place you go that serves mainly alcoholic beverages?


~ What is the grey tape that can fix any broken object?
~ What do you call someone that isn’t “cool”?


~ A phrase your grandparents always said?
~ What do you call a girl that acts silly and unintelligent?
~ Slow as ______
~ Quick as _________


~ Happy as a ________

 
 
 
 
 
That's my vlog for this time, if you'd like to see my Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.... check them out by clicking on the links. This is really a ton of fun and I totally LOVE Annie for doing these, so PLEASE if you've ever wanted to do a vlog, this is the perfect one to start with... it may lead you to bigger and better things.
 
 
Now, once you've loaded your vlog, head over to Annie's blog, MamaDweeb and link up, then visit the other participants because they really are fun to see.... OH, and PLEASE, don't forget to leave a comment, we all love them, and blog hops are for making friends!
 
 
Have a great week..... HUGGLES!!
 
.

5 comments:

Henrietta said...

So glad to see you participate again, this is fun isn't it! I don't hear much of an accent for you either, maybe just a little southern in there like you said. I have no idea why I said Happy as a Lark, we use your phrase more often!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you have an accent either. I used "y'all" in Florida when I lived there...and I think that must be where I picked up "Bubba".

BTW...you look fabulous!

Tami Winbush said...

It is DUCK tape!

And the woman is called a ditz!

Love 'seeing you.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Heeeey! I say Porsh-AH. LMAO Hmmph ;)
I wish there was a pub closer to us. Mmm
LOL at the L on the forehead.
Aww swell. That's cute.
I came up short with the unintelligent, silly girl.
I say pig in sh*t too. Yep. No apologies needed for me ;)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

hehe you always crack me up! Looking fab my friend and love to hear you speak :)

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010