Annie of MamaDweeb.com has come up with another geat dialect blog hop. A list of words for all of us to say and questions to answer to see how people around the country pronounce different words or call different every day things. If you want to check out Part 1 see MamaDweeb's blog.
(Gotta love that face... looks like I'm scared to death - UGH!!)
'So here is the list of words: Roof, Root, Illinois, Arkansas River, Missouri, About, Ask, Abdomen, Especially, Hierarchy, Often, Realtor, Coyote
Here are the questions to answer:
1. What do you call it when friends get together and eat food outside?
2. What do you call the meal at noon? What about 6pm?
3. What do you call the thing you put your groceries in after you buy them?
4. What is it called when you ride a sled down a snowy hill?
5. What is another word for a stream you find in the woods?
6. What is the piece of furniture you store you clothes in?
7. What do you call the stuff you throw away?
8. What is the huge piece of furniture in your living room that at least 3 people can sit on?
9. What is the common/slang way for where you live to say, “Calm down”?
10. What do you call the colorful candy toppings you put on donuts?
That was so much fun and listening to all the other bloggers on the hop is even more fun. Grab the button, link up with MamaDweeb, and visit the other participants and have fun!