Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday's Music Moves Me:




.
Photobucket
 
 

Welcome to Monday's Music Moves Me the fantabulistic music meme hosted by me, Dolly from XmasDolly, Larry from Cakeblast and Callie from Jamerican Spice and this week's theme is Favorite Male Artist, so let's see who you all listen to - I can't wait.




This week is a FREEBIE week, so you can post any little thing you want. I have decided that in honor of us going to see the band Starship with Mickey Thomas (a band with several name changes and female lead changes, but one that is still going strong) this coming weekend at EPCOT's Flower and Garden Festival, I'd post some of my favorite songs by them.

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now





We Built This City




Sara




White Rabbit (this one is my favorite)




So, who's got you movin' and grovin' this Monday??? Share it with us and bring along a friend. Here's all you need to do:


First step: Head on over to You Tube, or anywhere you get your music videos and post them on your blog! Upcoming themes are to you LOWER RIGHT of XmasDolly's blog.


Second Step: Grab our "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button, mine is on my right sidebar, or off of any of the hosts' sites.


Third step: SIGN THE LINKY - Follow your hosts, grab their buttons too when you visit them and show them some love by leaving a comment.. (mine is on my right sidebar above the 4M button)


Final step: Go visit the other Rockers on our Linky and PLEASE show them some love by leaving them a comment, you know you like comments, they do too!



Thank You Comments

Once you write up your post, link up with us (on any of the host's blog - they are all connected) and you may be chosen as our SPOTLIGHT DANCERS like this week's lucky couple in our #1 & #2  linky spots.....




Now, don't forget to sign the linky, visit the participants, and leave a comment - you know you like them, so does everyone else. For more Monday music fun, visit Amanda, Lady Estrogen, and Run DMT.




Rock on my friends!!


We're very sorry to say there has been some people not playing along, and just signing our linky so other people will stop by their blogs for giveaways or whatever! Unfortunately, these bloggers will have to be deleted from our linky. Leave a comment, grab our button, or follow us. If you don't want to post a video, you can post a link to a video, or post some lyrics, but please - at least attempt to make it music related. Thank you for your understanding.




*** Just one thing to note... We are family friendly blogs and while we don't want to censor anyone, we do ask that you keep your songs rated PG13 or less.

Thanks very much!***


Gigi Ann of My Reading Corner ~~ and ~~ Hazel of Delineating Des

CONGRATULATIONS!!

20 comments:

XmasDolly said...

I haven't heard these songs in like forever, and I really use to like them except I've never heard of Sarah. That's kinda cool, huh? Oh, I had so much fun tonight. I haven't been this excited in forever too! I can't sleep, so I'm going to finish some work. All my videos I took & picks, so check em' out! huggles! meeeeeeeeeee YOU ROCK GIRLFRIEND!

Hazel said...

OMG Starship! I like them a lot but didn't really know that song is called Sara. Thanks for including that now I know. My fave among their song is We Built This City. I so enjoyed your post. And you're going to watch them this weekend - that is wow! I wish I could see them some time.

Hazel said...

Oh and me in the Spotlight Dance - that's fun. Thanks :)

Cakeblast said...

I love White Rabbit from Jefferson Airplane. I'm not as big a fan of Jefferson Starship / Starship, but still would see them if given the chance. I'm sure you will have a great time this coming weekend - be sure to post about it!

citymouse said...

I suppose I am old school, but I think Airplane was so much better than Starship. Sometimes you just have to know when to call it quits. White Rabbit is classic!

Stacy Uncorked said...

There you go again picking some favorites of mine! :)

Dancing Crazy - It's Friday...wait! It's MMMM

Anonymous said...

Wow - old school for sure! Sara ... Sara... lol Haven't heard that since one of my moms boyfriends played it when I was real little! Happy Monday!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

We Built this CITY is my fav!!! Remember the movie mannequin it was in there and loved it!!

Run DMT said...

You saw them at Epcot this weekend? Fun! White Rabbit is definitely my favorite Starship (Jefferson Airplane) song.

Have a great week! :-)

Anonymous said...

Like White Rabbit :-) Thanks for sharing.

~Val

dollycas aka Lori said...

The best songs!!!!!

Annette said...

Ok...so the movie Mannequin is what started my love with Starship. I was probably 8-10 years old when that movie came out. LOL

Then I learned of their older stuff when I was in high school. Such goooooood music.

Grace Slick did a song with Linda Perry (4 Non Blondes) a few years back. Fabulous. I've linked to it for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6A3Reqqxk

Katie said...

Great picks this week! I haven't heard these in forever!

Colette S said...

I love these that you have chosen Lorie. Especially the first two! These are hits for me!

Have a great week beautiful!

Lucinda said...

Enjoy the show!

Tired Mom Tésa said...

What a great selection of songs! They all bring back memories and I loved seeing the videos since I think I missed most of them when they were out originally. Hope you had a happy Monday!

Adaptable Kay said...

Very interesting picks this week Lorie-I can honestly say I've never head of any of them before! Lol

Have a musical week xD

Anonymous said...

I have loved every single on of these. Thanks for sharing :)

RA said...

Ah, these are the songs you were talking about in your Monday mingle. It's great to get the audio visuals. These are new tunes to me. Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog. I'm following you, too :).

Classic NYer said...

I love that Jefferson Airplane song... I don't think i've ever heard it before...

Is there some connection between jefferson airplane and jefferson starship or do they just have uncannily similar names?

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010