Tuesday, March 15, 2011

14 Years Ago I Became the Happiest Woman on Earth

.

Can you see, I made sure Mickey Mouse was at my wedding?

Bill and I are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary today.

After a horrible first marriage, I swore I would never get married again! Bill and I were working together and became good friends but were not looking for a relationship at all, I mean, come on.... look at our age difference, besides I did not want to fall in love - men were EVIL!!!

But then it happened, he was just too darned sweet, he made me smile again, he made me feel like I was worth something, not a worthless individual. He made me laugh - A LOT!! We had so much in common: music, movies, TV, friends.... could I really be falling in love again???  NOPE, not me!!  OK, maybe I was, but I was NOT going to get married - EVER AGAIN!!

Then Bill asked me to move in with him, he loved me, I loved him and it would be so much less expensive, so I said OK, but I wasn't getting married ever again! He would ask, "Not even to me?" and I'd say NO!

Then one morning in December 1996 as I was ironing his shirt for work at 5:30 in the morning - looking all bedhead and horrible - he came running down the stairs (in his underwear, no less) and said to me, "You HAVE to marry me!" I looked up at that adorable face and said, "OK!" and went back to ironing his shirt, he went off to work and I went back to bed. We got married in March 1997.... and although it hasn't always been sunshine and roses (who has or even WANTS that?) it has been the best 14 years of my life.

Bill has been my love, my soulmate, and the best step-father anyone could ever ask for.  I love him more now than I did that day he came running down the stairs in his underwear... :)


The Invitation






















Nikolaus and Alexander

The photographer told them they could be silly.

Dancing with Mommy






















My boxers under my dress match Bill's tie - Mickey Mouse - TeeHee!

Bill, thank you so much for giving me such a beautiful life full of fun, happiness and love. I wouldn't change a single minute of it.... I wish and pray for 50 more years with you. 

I love you with all my heart and soul.

.

9 comments:

Grace @ Sandier Pastures said...

Awwww, such a heartwarming story!! Love is lovelier the second time around, definitely and surely for you! Happy anniversary my friend and my regards to your one and only soulmate!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

That's so wonderful :) I love that he won you over and convinced you eventually ;) Happy anniversary to both of you!!

fredamans said...

Still gorgeous as ever! Happy Anniversary to you and Bill!

Lucinda said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you both!!! I hope your day is very very special. You deserve it. :)

~ Noelle said...

I love you both!
Congrats on the 14 years... here is to many many more!!!
Thanks for sharing the pics...
You are just as beautiful now as you were then...

Anonymous said...

A little late, but Congratulations to you both!!!
I love to see those pictures! Wonderfull!!!

Love, Renée

Maria's Space said...

Ohhh I love this post. One of my favorites. You look adorable. Look how little the boys were! Awww this is really cute. You look so unbelievably happy! Bless you both on your anniversary and every day.

Adaptable Kay said...

Awwwwwwww!!!!! You two are just the cutest things ever! I absolutely LOVE the matching boxer and tie combo xD

Congrats on 14 years of happiness-Here is to 14 MORE years!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I think Mickey was blushing under your skirt ... lol :)

I love the ties!! You all look fab!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010