Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday's Recipe Swap Meet ~ Crepes

.


OK... we know you have all these recipes that you love to make. You got them from your mother, your grandmother, a magazine, or maybe you made it up, perhaps you don't even remember where the recipe came from. Well, how about sharing them with all of us? We are going to share ours with you every Thursday!






My good friend and (according to her husband) excellent cook, Dolly over at XmasDolly and I are now doing a recipe swap; we want to share ours with you and wold LOVE to get some of your favorites as well... So welcome to Thursday's Recipe Swap Meet, here is all you have to do:




Photobucket



Post a recipe on your blog, sign the linky on either blog (they will be linked), grab our new button - isn't she cute - hubby says she looks like me... TeeHee? (above, on my sidebar and on my Co-Chef Dolly's blog) and check out the recipes. Don't forget that each week you actually will be getting at least TWO for the price of ONE because both Dolly and I will post a recipe on each of our blogs. How simple is that???

Crepes











In honor of our wedding anniversary on March 15th, I made us crepes with fresh strawberries and whipped topping... they were yummy - they got 6 out of 6 puppies tails wagging.


Ingredients



My helper cutting up
the strawberries.
 2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 Cups milk
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbls. cooking oil (I prefer vegetable oil)
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbls. brown sugar (can use granulated sugar, but brown gives better flavor)
1/2 tsp. flavoring (I used pure Mexican vanilla)
1 pint strawberries cut up (or other fresh fruit)
Whipped cream












In a bowl combine all ingredients (except strawberries and whipped cream) and beat until combined thoroughly.













Lightly grease a 6" skillet (I use Pam cooking spray and spread it around with a brush) and heat on med-high heat; pour in approx. 2 Tbls. batter into skillet and tilt pan to spread batter. Cook until first side is slightly brown, flip crepe carefully and lightly brown second side; then slide onto oven safe platter. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly greasing skillet as needed - keep cooked crepes warm in 200 degree oven on oven safe platter until ready to serve.


To serve, spread fresh fruit inside crepe, roll it up and put whipped cream on top; enjoy!








So now all you have to do is sign our linky so we all can find your recipes. You check out all ours and we will check out all yours. If you don't want to write it all down and you know of one on line just post a link to it on your blog or leave it in a comment if you prefer!






For more recipes, head on over to Ms.BiBi at Daily Organized Chaos.






Let's get cooking..... Bon Appetit!


7 comments:

Lucinda said...

Looks tasty. And there are those beautiful plates again! :)

XmasDolly said...

I have got to try that! I really like making something new instead of cooking the same old thing all the time. Hey, ya got a cutie pie there for a model! How did you ever get him to do it? lol Hope stardom does not go to his head! ~hehehe~

Katie said...

Yum. Strawberries are my favorite fruit! Looks divine! Happy Thursday.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy.....love crepes. What better way to celebrate your wedding anniversary then with yummy food.

Happy Anniversary!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Those sure do look yummy! I can't wait for strawberry picking seasons.

Run DMT said...

Mmmmmm...I love crepes. Love the Mickey Mouse plates too. So cute!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I love them! When I was young my dad use to make them on a special crepe ban the looked like a pan turned inside out.

Sadly I haven't had one in many years :(. Yours look fab!!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010