Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday's Recipe Swap Meet


.


OK... we know you have all these recipes that you love to make. You got them from your mother, your grandmother, a magazine, or maybe you made it up, perhaps you don't even remember where the recipe came from. Well, how about sharing them with all of us? We are going to share ours with you starting today!




My good friend and, according to her husband: excellent cook, Dolly over at XmasDolly and I have decided to begin a recipe swap; we want to share ours with you and wold LOVE to get some of your favorites as well... So welcome to the first edition of Thursday's Recipe Swap Meet, here is all you have to do:






Photobucket


Post a recipe on your blog, sign our linky (they will be linked), grab our new button (right here and on my sidebar and on my Co-Chef Dolly's blog) and check out the recipes. Don't forget that each week you actually will be getting TWO for the price of ONE because both Dolly and I will each post a recipe on our own blog.  How simple is that??? Stumped for something to make for dinner, come on over to our blogs and find a recipe.... Maybe you'll like my:




Chicken Alexander (named after my youngest son because it is his favorite, plus now he makes it better than I do... TeeHee)


3-4 Boneless/Skinless chicken breast or thighs cut into bite size pieces
2-3 Tbls EVOO
3-4 cloves garlic sliced, grated, or pressed (whatever your preference)
5-6 plum tomatoes diced (or lg can drained diced tomatoes can be used)
1 can extra large ripe olives sliced
Handful of queen-sized stuffed green olives sliced (amount to taste)
Handful fresh basil leaves snipped into small pieces (dried may also be used in place of fresh)
Approx. 1/4 cup white wine to taste
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 - 1 Stick of salted butter
16 oz. hearty pasta (i.e. bowties, wagon wheels, shells) cooked to taste

~ Saute chicken in EVOO on med-high heat until cooked through and slightly brown, add garlic and saute until begins to sweat. Turn heat down to med-low and add tomatoes, black and green olives, cover and saute until warm while pasta is cooking; stirring occasionally.

~ Just before pasta is finished cooking, add basil, wine, salt and pepper and butter; continue to saute with cover OFF, stirring occasionally so nothing sticks to bottom of pan.

~ Once pasta is done cooking, drain and return to cooking pot immediately; pour chicken mixture over pasta and mix all together. Serve with your choice of grated or shredded cheese on top.  MMMMMM



So now all you have to do is sign our linky so we all can find your recipes.  You check out all ours and we will check out all yours. If you don't want to write it all down and you know of one on line just post a link to it on your blog or leave it in a comment if you prefer! 

For more recipes, head on over to Ms.BiBi at Daily Organized Chaos.

Let's get cooking..... Bon Appetit!

9 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Yum...basil and wine. Delicious.

Stacy Uncorked said...

YUM! This sounds similar to an Italian Chicken I make, but different! I'm totally going to try this one out! :)

Swenson Brownies

Katie said...

Yummo! Sounds good! '

Katie @ Time 2 Eat Yall

More Than Words said...

This is awesome! I always want to learn new recipes! I get tired of making the same ole' stuff!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

That sounds delicious. I like any recipe with garlic. Not a vampire for sure,lol.

I linked up my pork with cranberry sauce. I just started a recipe linky on my Daily Organized Chaos blog as well...it's called Foodie Wednesday

XmasDolly said...

Oh yes, reading your comments here I totally agree. I'm always saying to the hubby. I need to make something different. This sure is going to help for awhile. BUT color me stupid or something, but what's EVOO?

Alexis AKA MOM said...

How fun I'm trying to get my new recipe meme up for Monday. I'll have to link up to you with some of my recipes.

LOVE this my dear :)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ok girlie I just went back and added your new meme name to my Tuesday recipe list ;). Now to remember to link up each thursday :). I'll add the new button to my side bar.

XOXO

Lucinda said...

Sounds delish! When's dinner? I'll come back when it's ready!! :)

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010