Saturday, April 9, 2011

How'd Y'all Say That Again??? Part 3

.



Annie of MamaDweeb.com has come up with another great dialect blog hop. A list of words for all of us to say and questions to answer to see how people around the country pronounce different words or call different every day things. If you want to check out Part 1 see MamaDweeb's blog.








So here's the list of words:  Pillow, Exhausted, Governor, Entrepreneurial, Calm, Milwaukee Wisconsin, Bagel, ambulance, aqua, femoral, address, rural, hypocrisy

Here are the questions to answer:

~What do you call a store where you buy alcohol?
~What do you call it when you blow on a baby’s tummy and make them laugh?
~What do you call batting your eyelashes on someone’s cheek?
~What is another way of saying, “to deceive,” or “swindle?”
~What is a funny way to say someone is not smart? (one fry short of a happy meal?)
~Another name for butt?
~What do you call it when you drive through mud. Lots of it, often fast and pray you don’t get stuck?


That's my vlog for this time, if you'd like to see my Part 1 and Part 2.... check them out by clicking on the links.  This is really a ton of fun and I totally LOVE Annie for doing these, so PLEASE if you've ever wanted to do a vlog, this is the perfect one to start with... it may lead you to bigger and better things.

Now, once you've loaded your vlog, head over to Annie's blog, MamaDweeb and link up, then visit the other participants because they really are fun to see.... OH, and PLEASE, don't forget to leave a comment, we all love them, and blog hops are for making friends!

Have a great weekend..... HUGGLES!!

.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the cutest mannerisms! I love listening to the different ways everyone is pronouncing words. Too fun!

Maria's Space said...

awww...so fun. You do great. I am always in such a rush on mine.

I say the hinny song too

Anonymous said...

Haha! I'm going to have to sing that little song to my boys when I see their hineys! It's hilarious and too cute! Alright, alright...they are 12 and 10(soon to be 11) so I'll probably only get away with it once. I love this particular meme too! It's very fun to see everyone's beautiful faces and hear their voices:) I hope you're having a fabulous Sunday!

Adaptable Kay said...

Aw, yay! I get to see you live and 'in person' on camera :D

These ARE fun vlogs! I'm so interested in hearing what other people have to say about different words or phrases. I can honestly say though, I've never heard of zerberts or package stores. Lol

Very interesting!

XmasDolly said...

Well, first off I must say your hair grows fast, and I'm sorry didn't get a chance to listen today cuz a quick cup of coffee is all I have time for. It's beautiful outside. Shhhhhhh I could almost say it's hot outside, but I wouldn't want anyone to hear me cuz it may jinx us. Sun is shining & I need to take summer clothes out & wash them & I have to cut the drummer's hair as soon as he gets here. Did you know I was a beautician? Yep, since 1969. Cool huh? Never kept my license up though. Oh well. Ciao' baby! Talk at ya later.

Introducing Mr. Cool said...

Okay, that's a bit different. I'm learning all this blogging stuff from a mutual friend, Dolly. Thank you for following me, and I already follow you. I will do so on twitter if I can find out how. Thanks.

DeDa Studios said...

new follower and new to Monday's Music Moves Me.... stop for a visit http://www.dedastudios.blogspot.com dedastudios@yahoo.com

Denise G said...

What a great looking blog!!! Your newest follower through the hop

http://40plussinglebbw.blogspot.com/

Cathy Kennedy said...

Vloging isn't something I'm ready to graduate to. But, it does look like a whole lot of fun. I did detect a slight New England flavor in your dialect. If I were to do this, then there would be no mistaken what part of the country I am from. I cannot tell you the number of times a Customer Service Rep would say, "I bet you're from Kentucky or Tennessee." You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl, right? That's me! Have an awesome day!

~Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

Check out…
This is Your Wake Up Call – It’s Monday

XmasDolly said...

Knock - Knock!!! Anybody home? HAPPY MONDAY - DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR MUSIC IS???

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Love it girlie!!!

Pardonne Moi said...

Four wheeling? Off roading? Oh sweetie, that's muddin'. I need to get over my vlog fear because some of you need to be set straight!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010