Friday, April 29, 2011

Smartphone Safety

.

With the proliferation of smartphones these days, it is really important that we are really careful with how we use them. Especially the photo feature and our children, or even ourselves. There are far too many sickos out there in the world. I was sent this video by a friend of mine that I wanted to share with you all, especially my wonderful friends with such beautiful children whom I care about so much!



Now, I have already done this with my iPhone because I don't want anyone to have my address unless I give it to them.... I'm not naive, I'm sure that it is possible for determined people to find it if the REALLY want to search, but I'm not going to make it EASY for them. =)

Hope this helps you and you are able to keep yourselves and your precious little ones safe.

Have a great weekend ~ Happy photo taking!!


Just a silly photo to make you smile!
.

8 comments:

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

Wow seriously thank you for this. I had no idea and just followed the directions to turn it off on my phone.

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

Thank you for this info! I had no idea...

Unfortunately my iPhone 3GS (which won't do the 4 OS doesn't have the option to turn off the tracking on individual services). Just a general all on or all off. But when I get an iPhone 4, I am definitely going to do this.

Thank you Lorie!

Penelope said...

Oh my!! Is it only the smart phones?

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Scary, huh! I've had my geomapping turned off on my BB for a while now. It's frightening! I like being connected, but not THAT connected. Creepy stuff.

Tammy said...

Thanks for the info...wow...so scary!

Anonymous said...

My phone isn't smart enough to know where I am. I will definitely keep it that way.

Adaptable Kay said...

That is incredibly scary!! o.O

Seriously, they said it at the end of the broadcast-The more amazing technology gets, the more scary it can also become.

Thanks for posting this Lorie!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OH wowzer!! That is scary stuff!!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010