Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday's Music Moves Me: Won't You Be My Friend?

..




Photobucket




Welcome to Monday's Music Moves Me the fantabulistic music meme hosted by me, Dolly from XmasDolly, Larry from Cakeblast and Callie from Jamerican Spice and this week's theme is


Friends and/or Friendship... I can't wait to see what you all come up with!


 
The first song I chose I loved for the longest time and it is actually the only song by Michael Jackson that I like. Then I found out that it was a song about a RAT.... UGH!!!  Here is.....
 
Ben ~ Michael Jackson
 



This next song I learned to play on guitar in middle school and played it during a spring concert in the 7th grade - we really weren't too bad.  I wish I had kept up with my lessons. Here's.....


With a Little Help From My Friends ~ Joe Cocker (and no he hasn't gotten any better looking, sorry)





So, what's got you movin' and grovin' this Monday??? Share it with us and bring along a friend, because next week we will only have ONE person in our spotlight. If you bring a friend make sure you let us know and if you were brought by someone, let us know that, too, because you could be in the #1 spotlight next week. WooHoo!! Here's all you need to do:


First step: Head on over to You Tube, or anywhere you get your music videos and post them on your blog! Upcoming themes are to you LOWER RIGHT of XmasDolly's blog.


Second Step: Grab our "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button, mine is on my right sidebar, or off of any of the hosts' sites.


Third step: SIGN THE LINKY - Follow your hosts, grab their buttons too when you visit them and show them some love by leaving a comment.. (mine is on my right sidebar above the 4M button)


Final step: Go visit the other Rockers on our Linky and PLEASE show them some love by leaving them a comment, you know you like comments, they do too!







Thank You Comments


Once you write up your post, link up with us (on any of the host's blog - they are all connected) and you may be chosen as our SPOTLIGHT DANCERS like this week's lucky couple in our #1 & #2 linky spots.....



Denise of RunDMT ~~ and ~~ Punken of Our Punken Patch

CONGRATULATIONS!!
(Remember, next week we will have only ONE spotlight dancer!)


Now, don't forget to sign the linky, visit the participants, and leave a comment - you know you like them, so does everyone else. For more Monday music fun, visit Amanda, Lady Estrogen, and my friend Denise at Run DMT.









ROCK ON, MY FRIENDS!!


We're very sorry to say there has been some people not playing along, and just signing our linky so other people will stop by their blogs for giveaways or whatever! Unfortunately, these bloggers will be justifiably deleted without notice or explanation from our linky. Leave a comment, grab our button, or follow us. If you don't want to post a video, you can post a link to a video, or post some lyrics, but please - at least attempt to make it music related. Thank you for your understanding.


*** Just one thing to note... We are family friendly blogs and while we don't want to censor anyone, we do ask that you keep your songs rated PG13 or less.
Thank you very much!***

10 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

That Joe Cocker one has always been one of my favorites! :) I had a Blonde Moment and didn't do a friendship theme...oops! :)

Be Lazy or Live a Little - MMMM

Run DMT said...

Both are such classics! Great picks, mama!

Did you ever see that Jackson mini-series? There's scene which depicts Micheal Jackson befriended a mouse to demonstrate his sad and lonely childhood. Very sad.

Oh well. Shaking it off now and thinking happy thoughts to wish you a happy MM and a great week! :-)

Anonymous said...

Joe Cocker is one of my all time favs. And MJ there is no other. Great choices

Cathy Kennedy said...

A young Michael Jackson, what a talented kid he was. I remember this song. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

Check out…
You + Me=Friendship!

XmasDolly said...

Ahhhh Great minds think alike once again. I have Joe Cocker at Woodstock doing the same song in his youth. He still has the same hand movements if you'll notice, and yes I agree with Kathy. Michael Jackson was a very talented child. We're sure going gangbusters today aren't we? Woo Hoo!

dollycas aka Lori said...

Great tunes, Joe may not be pretty to look at but the man can sing :)

Adaptable Kay said...

Great song choices Lorie!

Have a musical week :D

Classic NYer said...

Well it's sweet even if it's about a rat. Ben must have been a very cool rat, haha!

Anonymous said...

Great friend songs! I'm stopping by, hopping along, hoping to find War's "Why Can't We Be Friends". I so love that song. If I were more on top of my life...that's what I would have posted for MMMM.

Take care!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh yes good pic's as always!!!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010