Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday's Recipe Swap Meet ~ Tortellini with Bacon

.


OK... we know you have all these recipes that you love to make. You got them from your mother, your grandmother, a magazine, or maybe you made it up, perhaps you don't even remember where the recipe came from. Well, how about sharing them with all of us? We are going to share ours with you every Thursday!


My good friend and (according to her husband) excellent cook, Dolly over at XmasDolly and I are now doing a recipe swap; we want to share ours with you and wold LOVE to get some of your favorites as well... So welcome to Thursday's Recipe Swap Meet, here is all you have to do:







Photobucket



Post a recipe on your blog, sign the linky on either blog (they will be linked), grab our new button - isn't she cute - hubby says she looks like me... TeeHee? (above, on my sidebar and on my Co-Chef Dolly's blog) and check out the recipes. Don't forget that each week you actually will be getting at least TWO for the price of ONE because both Dolly and I will post a recipe on each of our blogs. How simple is that???


Tortellini with Bacon





Cook about a pound of fresh or frozen tortellini according to package directions while you are preparing the bacon topping.
















Cut up 6 slices of bacon (I used 8 because I was making extra for the doggies) and saute them in 2 Tbls. of EVOO until half cooked.

















Add 3 cloves of garlic (I like to grate it in because I don't like big chunks in it) and saute it with the bacon until they are both lightly brown.





Deglaze the pan with about 1/4 cup of dry white wine. Then add the following spices to taste: salt, pepper, basil and oregano. Next add 1 stick of butter and saute all flavors together - about 5 minutes.






Add tortellini to pan and turn over to coat each piece with the bacon, butter and spices.

Serve with grated cheese if desired... Bill likes it, I don't.






This received 6 out of 6 puppy tail wags... I knew the doggies would like the bacon, what I didn't know was that they would LOVE the tortellini. I swear they are part Italian. =)


So now all you have to do is sign our linky so we all can find your recipes. You check out all ours and we will check out all yours. If you don't want to write it all down and you know of one on line just post a link to it on your blog or leave it in a comment if you prefer!


For more recipes, head on over to Ms.BiBi at Daily Organized Chaos.


Let's get cooking..... Bon Appetit!



9 comments:

Lucinda said...

You're always making such yummy stuff that I've never tried. This looks like another winner!

Tired Mom Tésa said...

Yum! That looks delicious! I've never thought of making tortellini this way. Adding it to my list of recipes to try soon!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Oh you're making my hips whimper with this one. I wonder if I can find a kosher tortellini and leave out the bacon {I know, I know}...

Kathleen said...

Yum! My tail sure is wagging. That sounds delicious. I love how spoiled your pups are lol.

Lisa Noel said...

ooh yeah tortelli AND bacon??? I'm sold!!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I swear I commented yesterday ... UGH

That looks so yummy, I wish I could eat it darn diet ... lol

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm...bacon.
actually that looks pretty awesome.

Run DMT said...

You had me at bacon. The white wine was an added bonus. ;-) I'm definitely going to try this one! YUM!

Thank so much for stopping by for Friday Food Fight. With this crazy Easter weekend, I completely forgot to link up here. Have a Happy Easter! xox

XmasDolly said...

WHAT TIME IS DINNER AND SET A PLACE FOR ME!!! ALL I CAN SAY IS NUMMMERS!!!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010