Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday's Recipe Swap Meet ~ Baked Chicken Breast


.



OK... we know you have all these recipes that you love to make. You got them from your mother, your grandmother, a magazine, or maybe you made it up, perhaps you don't even remember where the recipe came from. Well, how about sharing them with all of us? We are going to share ours with you every Thursday!




My good friend and (according to her husband) excellent cook, Dolly over at XmasDolly and I are now doing a recipe swap; we want to share ours with you and wold LOVE to get some of your favorites as well... So welcome to Thursday's Recipe Swap Meet, here is all you have to do:



Photobucket


Post a recipe on your blog, sign the linky on either blog (they will be linked), grab our new button - isn't she cute - hubby says she looks like me... TeeHee? (above, on my sidebar and on my Co-Chef Dolly's blog) and check out the recipes. Don't forget that each week you actually will be getting at least TWO for the price of ONE because both Dolly and I will post a recipe on each of our blogs. How simple is that???


Baked Chicken Breast and Potatoes (Plus an additional one thrown in!)




Take 4 boneless/skinless chicken breast and rub EVOO over all of them, also pour approx. 2 Tbls. oil into foil lined baking dish. Season the chicken to taste with salt, pepper and rosemary. Pour 1/2 cup dry white wine, 1/2 cup chicken stock and 1-2 cans whole white potatoes (including liquid) into baking dish.





 
Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 45-50 minutes, turning chicken once half-way through cooking. Serve with your favorite veggie.






Don't you LOVE how simple this is??? Another meal that received 6 out of 6 puppy tail wags ~ again I knew they would love the chicken, I cut up one of the breasts to mix with their Mighty Dog and they ate that all down  fast... BUT they also gobbled up the potatoes - these are some strange dogs, or I'm just learning to be a pretty good cook!  =)

Being the kind of cook that I am, I like to make a meal that can serve us the NEXT day, also. SO, for dinner on Friday night (which I forgot to take a photo of) I took the last chicken breast and warmed it up in the microwave and sliced it (gave a little to the doggies - YES, they are spoiled rotten) then I put the slices on some nice delicious Martin's potato bread, a little Hellman's mayo, some sliced fresh tomatoes on the vine and fresh sliced mozzarella and then grilled it on the pannini machine. It came out SO good and filled us up wonderfully.  (I'll try and remember to take a photo next time.)


So now all you have to do is sign our linky so we all can find your recipes. You check out all ours and we will check out all yours. If you don't want to write it all down and you know of one on line just post a link to it on your blog or leave it in a comment if you prefer!


For more recipes, head on over to Ms.BiBi at Daily Organized Chaos.


Let's get cooking..... Bon Appetit!


6 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I love dinners that easily roll over into a good meal the next day! Nice work!

XmasDolly said...

Oh boy, that sounds simple, quick and taste - eeeeeeeeeee! It almost sounds like the greek chicken I make. Hmmmmmmm Now I got a taste for Greek Chicken. Look what you've done to me. Shame on you. ~hehe~ Great recipe girlfriend. Simple and quick. That's the way I like em' uh-huh, uh-huh!

Katie @ Time 2 Eat Yall said...

Yum! I like one pan dinners...less mess!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Wow 6 out of 6, that is what I call a good dish!! Easy and fab love it :)

Lucinda said...

This sounds really good! But that leftover sandwich sounds even better!!!

Run DMT said...

Wow. that is crazy simple! Gotta love a recipe that only has 8 ingredients and barely any clean up! That's my kind of cooking! LOL

Come join us in the ring for our Friday Food Fight. :-)

http://deniseisrundmt.com/2011/04/29/if-i-knew-you-were-coming-idve-baked-a-peep-cake/

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010