Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Health Update

Just thought I'd let you know how we've been doing physically......
Bill's gall bladder has seemed to settle down and the gallstones don't seem to bother him anymore. He went through the lythotripsy very well -- a few days of pain afterwards, but he seems to have passed all the kidney stones...... HOORAY!!! He is finally over his infection and no longer needs to have I.V. antibiotics, thank god, that was a real drag!! So, barring anything else, he is in GOOD HEALTH, finally! It only took five long months.....

As for me...... I am slowly recovering from my spinal surgery. I had a lumbar decompression with fusion, and had titanium screws and rods implanted in February. Now, I am just trying to get the insurance to approve physical therapy at a reasonable facility -- we sure do need health care reform in this country!! I am able to walk around the block once a day now, with the assistance of a cane, so I can go with Bill when he takes Nano for his walk. Also, I go grocery shopping with Bill (and Nano, in his little carry-bag) on Friday, as long as we are not out too long. If we are going to be out and about for any length of time, I still need to be in a wheelchair. Bill has been absolutely wonderful through all this. For the first two weeks after I got home from the hospital after surgery (I was in the hospital for 5 days), Bill had to do EVERYTHING. He does just about everything as it is now, but he had to do all the cooking on top of it, THAT was a challenge. He has never been one to cook at all, so it was really difficult. I would be lying on the couch telling him what to do step by step and he would follow instructions and turn out wonderful meals. He really was (and still is) magnificent. I got so lucky when I found and married him. Whenever I think of him, I am reminded of the song from "The Sound of Music", when Maria says, "Somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good."

So, back to my health..... It should be another couple of months before I am up and around without the cane and walking more frequently, but the neurosurgeon said that I will never be 100% healed. Once this is as healed as it can be, then I have to have my neck worked on, that ought to be fun..... So for now, it is working on getting better with walking, physical therapy (as soon as I can get it approved), and swimming.

Until next time.......... Lorie


Simply Being Mommy said...

It's good to hear things are getting better with ya'lls health! Thanks for stopping by the blog! It's always good to hear from you.

Shari @ A Psych Mommy said...

Wow, it sounds like you both have gone through a lot! I hope you can get approved for your physical therapy soon so that you can get better even faster!

Painter Mommy said...

Wow! I am so sorry about your health issues! I pray for a speedy recovery and strength for your body as you work on doing the physical therapy.

Thank God for Bill! He seems amazing!

And I also wanted to say thankyou so much for stopping by my blog and commenting about our vacation experience. We did have a really nice time all in all. I will definitely keep you posted on my husband. He went to the Dr. on Friday and got some blood work done to comfirm the Lyme disease. They also want to do a brain MRI to find out if his sarcoidosis has been triggered and causing the migraine headaches he is getting. It has been a rough week. But God is really watching over us. I don't know what I would do without Him.

I am sure you know exactly what I mean going throuogh all that you have gone through as well. Have a great upcoming week.


Mrs. Mootz said...

I hope you have a speedy recovery! It sounds like you married a good one :)

I'm assuming from your header that you have a son in the military? Is he deployed? Thank you for raising a man to have the courage and love to serve his country. I can't imagine the courage it takes on your part to watch your son put on that uniform and deploy.

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010