Monday, August 31, 2009

Monochromatic Monday - August 31,2009



This is my first attempt at participation in black and white photography, but I've been practicing with the encouragement and inspiration of Maria from Maria's Space. You have to go over to her site and see her gorgeous photo this week, it is awe-inspiring.


This meme is the brain child of Aileni from Monochrome Weekly, so if you participate, please go to her site and link up your post with her McLinky.

So, here is my first attempt, please be kind! :-)



We encountered these little fellows on Sunday downtown during our walk with Nano.


Hope you enjoyed my first foray into black and white...

Until next time..... Lorie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

...so don't fall in or you will be arrested.
Thanks for joining Mono Weekly - enjoy.

Felicia said...

They do look less scary in black and white!!

Lorie, I'm so glad to know that the post was for you. You see, I wrote that post several months ago and had been hanging on to it. Last night I really felt like the Lord was telling me it was time to publish it. Maybe that was why. Please know that I am lifting all of you up in prayer.

Kim @ What's That Smell? said...

I love black and white photography, well done! Still...alligators are alligators. hehe

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

Cool pics!

Hi, I'm stopping by from SITS! I just wanted to share some comment love. I hope your migraine is better and that the rest of your week is absolutely amazing!

Many Blessings,

Teresa <><

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/2009/09/30-things-about-my-illness-you-may-not.html

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Thanks for visiting me at Pen And Paper. That was quite an unusual romance you had and especially for one of such tender years.
I love black and white photos and especially portraits, I think they make the face so much softer and can be so 'moody'.

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely beautiful! I love B/W photos and you are so talented!

Maria's Space said...

Chick,

Those photos are awesome. I especially love the last one. The hard, reptilian body and the softness of the water compete beautifully. Love it so much. Nice addition to Aileni's really fun and always inspiring meme idea.

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010