Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Simple Women's Daybook Meme



Outside my window ~ Bright sunshine, very hot, going to get some thundershowers later... it is August in central Florida after all. :-)

I am thinking ~ I wish my children and Del, Deb and Colby lived closer... it was really stressful to be down here alone when Bill was so sick. I really could have used them near me.

I am thankful for ~ Bill surviving his surgery and not being as sick as he was, and the fact that he doesn't require any further surgery (or worse a transplant) for his liver.

From the learning rooms ~ Never stop reading and trying to learn something new every day, you are NEVER too old to learn something.

From the kitchen ~ The Hubs was craving chocolate cake the other day, so I made a chocolate cake!

I am wearing ~ A brown sundress with bronze and white trim, and I'm barefoot, as usual.

I am creating ~ I'm trying to work on several different types of photo collections in my computer. Animals, nature, faces, some in color and some monochromatic, all inspired by my friend Maria.

I am going ~ a little stir crazy because of both The Hubs and I recuperating from illnesses since last November, it is really getting a little OLD!!

I am reading ~ The Mighty Queens of Freeville (just finished) and The Four Corners of the Sky,

I am hoping ~ That Bill gets well, finally gets his kidney stone taken care of (another problem yet to be dealt with), I get my neck surgery done and over with... then we can take a nice vacation and and finally feel better. (Winning the lottery would be nice, too.)

I am hearing ~ "Nash Bridges" on TV; Bill on the desktop; and Nano snoring.

Around the house ~ WAY too much laundry to do; too many books I want to read; too many emails to answer.

One of my favorite things ~ Snuggling up with The Hubs.

A few plans for the rest of the week ~ Do some laundry, grocery shop on Friday, maybe breakfast on Sunday with my friend Jill.

Here is picture thought I am sharing ~ The two people I love most:


6 comments:

Maria's Space said...

Awww...you are too cute.

Thanks for the mention. I do feel as if we have a connection.

So glad to hear that Bill is feeling better.

I can't imagine what it must be like to have your children so far away. I would be in the same boat if something happened to Joe and I and the kids weren't around. We don't have any other family close by.

Isn't this the most fun meme though. Some of it doesn't matter now but in the future this will be fun to read.

We should really exchange phone numbers, we could keep each other company on lonely nights.

Anonymous said...

I love-love the photo! And thanks for sharing a part of your life with us. :)

Felicia said...

Oh my goodness this is so sweet! I love that picture of the two.. and I would love some chocolate cake.. could you adopt me?

Sarah said...

Love the photo! I hope you do win the lottery - or get that vacation at the very least.

Unknown said...

This is so sweet and heartfelt! I am praying for Bill's speedy recovery and your family's reunion.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving congrats on my new baby girl!

SITSterly,
Teresha

Anonymous said...

I hope you both have speedy recoveries!

Happy Saturday SITS Sharefest!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010