Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Decorating the Tree with Alexander & Rachel


Alexander, my baby - who is now almost 19 years old {when did I get so old?} and his girlfriend Rachel - the older woman, she is 20, came to visit for 10 days the first week in December. We had a wonderful time! The first thing we did was decorate our Christmas tree... It was SO much fun, it was just like when he was little, but there were no clumps of ornaments way down on the bottom; and he was able to put the star on top of the tree all by himself - without the need of a ladder. Here are lots of pictures to tell the story.









































The only thing missing was his big brother, Nikolaus! The top picture is me and Alex with his favorite Mickey Mouse that he got several years ago to replace one he lost when he was 7 during our vacation to Disney World. Of course, right after Alex got the tree skirt (Disney, of course) down, Nano decided he had found a new comfy place to rest. That's Rachel with Alex wearing those adorable Disney tree Christmas hats... I have a great picture of them in an ornament on the tree, and Nano decided to come out from under the tree to "help" decorate once we pulled all the ornaments out. And that's Bill working really hard... he was scarce once the tree got put together, but I cannot blame him, he did most of the outside decorations {post to follow} and the decorations to the rest of the house all by himself. The green wreath ornament that Alex is holding is one he made for me in first grade that he couldn't believe I still have, I still have every ornament my boys ever made me. Then the last picture is the finished product.
And this last photograph is for Jen over at Eighty MPH Mom, so she can see my Mickey Mouse Santa hat... I wanted her to know that I really do have the same one that Speedy Cop has. Here is Alex wearing it... doesn't he just look adorable??
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.....
Until next time..... Lorie

5 comments:

Tami Winbush said...

What a handsome son you have there darlin! I'm glad you got to spend time with him! Where does he live that he's not there all the time? I dread that time when my daughter leaves me.

My son lives in Long Island now and I hardly ever see him, so I know it's going to be harder when they grow up and get a "real life"!

Great to see pics!

Tami

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

I do recognize that hat - thanks for thinking of me! I'm so glad you had a nice visit with your son!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I love that you keep all the ornaments. My mom does as well. I really enjoyed showing Aiyana all our ornament that my brother and I made throughout our school years. She really got a kick out of the ornament I made in preschool that has my preschool picture on it. It is amazing how much we look alike, minus the color of our eyes.

I LOVE that Mickey hat! I am sure our stuff is slowly going to be changing to Disney theme. I am going to try to pick up a few things this year after Christmas...on sale!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh sweetie it looks like you had so much fun. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with both boys. Very handsome men, and don't worry you look amazing and very young!

LOVE the hat :)

Maria's Space said...

How sweet. I love the pictures of everyone putting up the tree. I took so little pictures this year.

That picture of Nano is too cute. Love the little red coat/shirt. Sweet pup.

So glad you had your boys with you even if it was separate and short. They were there and that has got to be the best feeling.

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010