Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hubby's Birthday Present to Me... :-)


I had asked Santa to bring me a new DSLR for Christmas... however, The Most Wonderful Man in the World, whom I happen to be married to, decided that I shouldn't have to wait for Christmas. He thought I needed and deserved one for my birthday, so he surprised me with this GORGEOUS Nikon D90. I am so excited to have gotten it, and cannot wait to figure out how to use all the buttons on it... It comes with a 50LB instruction manual - I exaggerate only slightly.

Also, beginning in January, Beth at
Manic Mother and Lolli at Better in Bulk are starting "Bloggography" - a series on their blogs to teach us newbies how to use our DSLRs!! I am SO excited for this to start. Here are Beth's words: "Beginning in January, Lolli and I will be writing digital photography tutorials. A tutorial will be posted with a photography assignment, the following week you can return and leave the link to the pictures you took! There will even be contests with prizes!" So if you are lucky enough to get a DSLR this year, make sure you check out their blogs.
















So, I'd like to say thank you so much to my most adorable and loving husband. He is just the sweetest guy in the world. I LOVE my birthday present and will use it ALL the time. {This picture of him was taken on the first day I used my new camera.}



Until next time..... Lorie

15 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tami Winbush said...

Wow, what a sweet hubby you have. When was your birthday?

Happy Birthday!

Tami

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annette said...

Very nice gift! Hubby bought me the Nikon D40 for Christmas last year and I've still yet to figure out all the damn functions of it. I'll have to check out the tutorials...maybe we can help each other! LOL

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

What a sweetheart! You are a very lucky girl....

I would love to be able to take good pictures, but I am afraid a camera like that would scare the heck out of me. I get confused with too many buttons! If I do happen to get one (LOL), I will have to join you guys in January. Lolli rocks - it should be fun!

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

Holy moly!! I just priced these and I don't think I will be getting one after all. They do sound awesome though!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Holy Moly Girlie that is so amazing! How sweet is that, and what you deserve. HUGS

Amanda said...

What a wonderful husband! Make sure to post photos often so I can drool over your new camera.

~ Noelle said...

I AM JEALOUS!
HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Maria's Space said...

Sweet gift from a sweet man. How exciting. Can't wait to see what you do.

Enjoy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello there I'm just dropping in to say hi and introduce myself! Im a computer geek that came upon this forum and hope to become an active member soon! So if you happen to have and computer questions feel free to ask. Otherwise see you all on the boards.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010