Monday, February 27, 2012

ArtsFest 2012: Winter Park Historical Museum ~ The Way We Were: Park Avenue in the '60s and '70s


.


Continuing the 2012 central Florida ArtsFest celebration, Bill and I attending "The Way We Were: Park Avenue in the '60s and '70s" at the Winter Park Historical Museum on February 8th. Although the museum was small - one room to be exact - they packed quite a few things into this exhibit about what Winter Park was like in the '60s and '70s.


Even if you didn't live in central Florida during that time, there were enough items in the exhibit to bring back memories to anyone who lived through that time period to evoke tons of emotions: happiness, love, and even sadness.


Here are some photos to bring you back..... (click on any photo to enlarge)










There were many other items on display, but these were some of my favorites - and you knew I wouldn't leave out Elvis! The Museum is open Tuesday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. They are closed Sunday and Monday.  We really had an enjoyable time and the docent there was extremely sweet. The only complaint that I had is that it is not wheelchair accessable.


{Disclosure: I was given no compensation for this post or the links within. Bill and I just had a wonderful time at the event and I wanted to share my opinion with all of you and let you know how you could find some events you might enjoy.}

 .

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love it! What a great blast from the past. I love seeing things from way back when. Makes me wonder if the world wouldn't be a better place if we still lived in some of these different eras.

XmasDolly said...

OMG WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO GO! I WANNA GO THERE SO BAD. You know I think I was born in the wrong era. Maybe I should've been born in the 20's or 40's those were the real days. Not all this worrying about what your home or you look like. I think all the exercising and water water stuff came out with Olivia Newton John's song Let's get physical. Remember??? These pictures are fabulous. You had to have the greatest of times. The museum in Chicago has a section that you can go into where there's a whole block from the past Soda shop & all you can actually walk into. Brick streets, and a model T Ford parked and window shopping really is all you can do. The soda shop is an old timey soda/candy shop where you can buy all the old stuff. Too cool. Thanks for a walk down memory lane. LOVE IT - GREAT POST!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010