Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday's Music Moves Me: 2/13/2012 ~ All in the Name of Love

.

Photobucket



Welcome to 2012's Monday's Music Moves Me!!! We are going to make this meme SPECTACULAR this year!! But of course, we cannot do that without all of you... so come on share your music with us and get your friends to share with us, too. Our fearless leader is none other that the sweetest and most wonderful Marie of XmasDolly. Helping her keep this train running are ME, my dear friend Stacy of Stacy Uncorked and the lovely Callie of Jamerican Spice. We will also have some helpers along the way when we need to because life is.... well, life!


This is going to be a super busy month for me, so my dear friends Cathy of Cathy Kennedy's Blog and Denise of Run DMT will be helping me out by making sure they reach every participant in the meme this month in case I am unable. I will try very hard to get back to all of you that are so sweet enough to comment on my post. I just want to personally thank Cathy and Denise for always being so supportive of our Music Meme and especially for helping me out this month - Love and Hugs to you both!!


Here is what you need to do to play along.....

First step: Head on over to You Tube, or anywhere you get your music videos and post them on your blog! Upcoming themes are to you LOWER RIGHT of XmasDolly's blog.

Second Step: Grab our "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button, mine is on my right sidebar, or off of any of the hosts' sites.

Third step: SIGN THE LINKY - Follow your hosts (we will all follow you and try to comment each week), grab their buttons too when you visit (mine is on my right sidebar above the 4M button) and show them some love by leaving a comment.

Final step: Go visit the other Rockers on our Linky and PLEASE show them some love by leaving them a comment, you know you like comments, they do too!

In honor of Valentine's Day tomorrow, today's theme is AMORE' (True Love). So pick whatever songs are on your mind, write up your post and share with us because we love music and we love you all.
 
I dedicate the following songs to the love of my life, the man who changed the world for me when he came into my life and made everything wonderful. Yes, we have had our ups and downs, fortunately the downs have been few, and we have gotten through them together with love, hard work, and a LOT of laughter.
 
So, my darling Bill, thank you for everything you have done for me, been to me, and continue to do and be. I will love you until the day I die.
 
Can't Help Falling in Love ~ Elvis Presley (You knew he'd be here!)
 




Declaration of Love ~ Celine Dion




I'll Be There for You ~ Bon Jovi




This last song is a silly, sexy song that both Bill and I like to sing when we are just being funny. We both love Bryan Adams and have seen him twice in concert and it was excellent. This video is AWESOME as it stars the actors from one of our favorite Syfy shows Warehouse 13. Hope you enjoy it... While there is no foul language, it really isn't for little ears.


I Wanna Be Your Underwear ~ Bryan Adams




Once you write up your post, don't forget to sing the linky (on any of the host's blog - they are all connected) and you may be chosen as our SPOTLIGHT DANCERS like this week's lucky couple in our #1 and #2 linky spots.....



CONGRATULATIONS!!

Don't forget... if you are one of the lucky ones chosen for our spotlight dance, you get to grab the Spotlight Dancer Button from Dolly's right sidebar and proudly display it on your blog... WooHoo!


Now, don't forget to sign the linky, visit the participants, and leave a comment - you know you like them, so does everyone else. For more Monday music fun, visit my friend Denise at Run DMT.




Wishing you all a wonderful Valentine's Day spent with those that you love!

ROCK ON, MY FRIENDS!!





I'm very sorry to say there are some people not playing along just using our linky to get traffic for their blogs! Unfortunately, these bloggers will be marked and ignored, you will not get any benefit from our linky, so don't bother. All we ask is that you leave a comment, grab our button, ad/or follow us. If you don't want to post a video, you can post a link to a video, or post some lyrics, but please - at least attempt to make it music related.


*** Just one more thing...
PLEASE, we are family friendly blogs
and while we really don't want to censor anyone,
but we do ask that you keep your songs rated PG13 or less.
If you find that you need to post songs of an explicit sexual nature or language,
please find a different venue.
If your song does contain a small amount of questionable Language,
please put disclaimer BEFORE the video.
Thank you very much!***



.

10 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

You got some new ones up for me, girl. Your last three pics did not show up on my radar at all, but I was happy to have the introduction. Enjoy your break & don't worry about visiting my place. I totally understand! Rock on!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are some great picks! I'll be there for you had me thinking of my youth!

Hazel said...

Bryan Adams' song, the title, is new to me. It made me smile. The old couple are inspirational.

dollycas aka Lori said...

That Bryan Adams song always makes me laugh! Have a great week!!

Stacy Uncorked said...

All great choices, Lorie! And I'd totally forgotten about that Bryan Adams song - it cracks me up!! And I think it's funny you and your hubby sing it to each other when you're feeling silly! :) Have a great week - and a fun month - and Happy Valentine's Day! :)

Love Like Crazy because you're Hip To My Heart When You Say My Name so I Will Always Love You

Anonymous said...

good picks...Elvis would be pleased....

XmasDolly said...

OMG I never heard that song by Celine Dion - dam she's good singing that way too and her moves, are you sure that's Celine Dion? Elvis sis not surprise ma at all and the other were great choices. Hope you're having a good time. Miss you already. Have a great day! I'm so jealous.

Artsnark said...

fantastic mix! Lots of classic crooners today - hope you have a fab Valentines Day!

Classic NYer said...

You know I've never heard that Celine Dion song before... but it's awesome... as most Celine Dion songs tend to be. Oh, and I LOVED the Bryan Adams song!

Felicia said...

Glad you through some Bon Jovi in there!!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010