Friday, February 24, 2012

@HooverClean Elite Rewind Vacuum Review

.
.


As many of you know, my faithful Hoover vacuum that I had for 17 years died about 3 weeks ago. It was a terrible day in our lives as that vacuum was a part of my new life after divorce from my first husband - my life as an independent woman. Not to mention that it work fabulously up to that day.

Well, the wonderful folks at Hoover saw how distraught I was and sent me this fabulous Elite Rewind vacuum to replace my broken one.


The vacuum comes in three pieces that is so simple to put together that I could have used my Swiss Army knife, but didn't - Bill put it together with a regular old Phillips head screw driver, the 3 screws are already attached.



Here are some of the features of the Elite Rewind Vacuum:  



~ Full power three carpet height settings plus bare floor setting all while having light weight (only 17 lbs.)







~ Rinsable filter, so you save money by not having to buy replacement HEPA filters.






 ~ 25' Rewindable power cord with the step on a button


~ Clip on the back of the handle to hold the wire out of the way while you are vacuuming


Not to mention all the On-Board Tools:

  • Air-Powered Hand Tool - puts hard-to-reach cleaning in the palm of your hand
  • 12" Extension Wand - extends reach of the hose
  • Crevice Tool - helps clean nooks and crannies

..... and:

~ Simple unlock and dump bagless, easy-to-see-when-full canister





It's actually my hubby, Bill, who uses the vacuum every day (I know ladies, I am the luckiest wife in the world and he is rewarded well) so I asked him what he liked about this vacuum.

He loves the way it sucks up all the hair in the carpet - and with five doggies and my long, curly hair, you know there is tons of hair on our floor. It also picks up all the little bits of dog food that the babies leave on the kitchen tile, even between the grout. He really finds the retractable cord very convenient, not that he minded winding up the other one, just a nice new feature.

The clip to hold the wire while he is vacuuming is really a nice feature so that he doesn't run over the wire because he is always trying not to run over doggies who are trying to "get" the vacuum while he is using it - it's a game to them.  Since we live in a two story house, he really likes the lighter weight of the Elite Rewind compared to our older vacuum.

The thing that Bill likes the most is the bagless feature... he loves that he can see when the canister is getting full and how easy it is to empty. Not to mention the fact that we don't have the added expense of buying replacement bags.

I really like the fact that it is much quieter than the older one and many other vacuums that we have tried... and that it is PURPLE - isn't it pretty???

So, up to this point, we have no complaints with the Hoover Elite Rewind and are so happy to have had the chance to do this review.  The only thing we are hoping for is that it lasts 17 years like our last one. We are convinced that Hoover is an excellent company and will be our vacuum company for the foreseeable future.

Thank you very much, Hoover for the opportunity to use this vacuum and tell others about what a fabulous company you are, not only with the products you make, but in your customer service. You have a customer for life in the Shewbridges.

{Disclosure: We received no compensation other than the product to facilitate this review. All opinions are mine and 100% honest. See full disclosure at the bottom of the blog.}

.

23 comments:

Shawn Z said...

We had a faithful Hoover too! However, I wish mine came with a hubby that liked to use it...lucky you!

Jenn said...

Love the handle clip feature. I'm always dropping my cord on the floor!

MyLittleMe said...

I love my new vacuum and it has the same style trash release as that one!

trisha said...

seriously, i love how your DH is vacuuming...does it come with that? What a great review!

trisha

Alison said...

Oooh that is just awesome of them! And what a good DH you have!! :)

RJ said...

Great review! That vacuum looks awesome. I love that your husband does the vacuuming. So sweet! :)

Maryann said...

Sounds like you got a great vacuum match!

Tricia Nightowlmama said...

it has a HOSE!!!!!!! it has a canister and sounds like a fabulous Vacuum. I swear if I have to hit one more cob with a cob with a broom I'm going to scream. I hate my vacuum it doesn't have a hose. A hose is so essential to cleaning up along furniture and getting into places you can't other wise reach. Thanks for the review

Karen said...

Pretty, lightweight, and does bare floors too? what else could you ask for? It makes me want one for my house.

Courtney said...

Wow!! How awesome of Hoover!! If I get this same vac, does that mean hubby will use it?! ;-)

Courtney said...

Wow!! How awesome of Hoover!! If I get this same vac, does that mean hubby will use it?! ;-)

Stefani @ MommyEnterprises.com said...

I am in total need of a new vacuum. I bought a Dirt Devil and it did not last long at all. I might have to give Hoover a try!

Adaptable Kay said...

Aw! How nice of them to do that for you! :)
Now THAT'S what I call customer service-kudos to Hoover!
It sounds like it's a fabulous replacement, and now you can start a whole new vacuum chapter in your life. Lol

Henrietta said...

I LOVE that this vacuum has a retractable cord, unlike your hubby, I hate winding that cord up lol! Great photo of your man in action!

XmasDolly said...

Whoa girl I have one of those too since 1993 knock on wood & it's probably going. I can't even find filters for it anymore. That's great! They're really a people company aren't they. Look even Bill can work it. All Right!!!! CONGRATS On that girl you deserve the best.

Simply Being Mommy said...

I just accidentally broke one of our vacuums and will need another one since we are purchasing a two story home. I'll definitely be looking at this one.

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

That is awesome! I love this vacuum. I wish my husband would do the vacuuming:)

@therebelchick said...

That vacuum looks awesome!!

XmasDolly said...

hahahahahaha I just noticed it looks like Bill is dancing with your new Hoover. Get down Dude! Until the floor is finished of course. woo hoo!

Blogger Broadcast said...

The vacuum is great, looking for a good one right now. I will check into this one.

dollycas aka Lori said...

Tell Bill to dance on over this way!!!

Jai M. said...

Not sure if it was on purpose, but I like how the doggie sweater matches the Hoover logo. :D

Lorie Shewbridge said...

You know, you are the first one to mention that.
I guess it does match, how cute. =)

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010