Monday, November 30, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ November 30, 2009



Peggy began this meme The Simple Woman's Daybook in her words:

"Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'."


FOR TODAY ~ November 30, 2009 ~ from Lorie's Daybook

Outside my window ~ Sun is going down, weather is warm, about 74 degrees.

I am thinking ~ I have GOT to get the Christmas presents wrapped because Alexander & Rachel are coming on Friday for 2 weeks, then I have my surgery.

I am thankful for ~ the fact that Alexander & Rachel are coming down on Friday!!

I am wearing ~ brown capri linen slacks and pink & brown Capn. Jack Sparrow t-shirt, and of course: NO SHOES!

I am remembering ~ how much I really missed having my boys here for Thanksgiving, and the look on Alexander's face when he made a turkey for me the last time he was here and I took his photograph because it came out PERFECT!

I am going ~ grocery shopping tomorrow morning, and to a parade and awards ceremony for the 124th National Guard Infantry on Saturday at our Veteran's Memorial and Founder's Park.


I am currently reading ~ Permission Slips by Sherri Shepherd

I am hoping ~ Alexander & Rachel's drive down here is safe and uneventful.

On my mind ~ the President's speech tomorrow, and what he plans to do about the troops (my oldest son, Nikolaus, included) in Afghanistan.

From the learning rooms ~ all I can about cervical spine fusion surgery.

Noticing that ~ I have too much laundry and gifts to wrap before Friday... AGH!!

Pondering these words ~ "What can I do?" Spoken to me by my wonderful friend, Beth R. as soon as she heard I was having neck surgery.

From the kitchen ~ A new chicken recipe that is made with tomatoes, red wine, balsamic vinegar, and garlic butter... it was delicious!! Plus it was OK for Bill to eat, even with his liver disease and his gall bladder gone... YEAH! :-)

Around the house ~ gotta put the Thanksgiving decorations away and the Christmas ones up, as soon as the slave Alexander gets here.

One of my favorite things ~ learning more and more about photography and playing with color and lighting.

From my picture journal ~ Our grandson "Little Man" from the other night, out to dinner with his parents. They texted this photo to us. I wish he wasn't so far away... I miss them all SO much. Isn't he a doll?






Make sure you link up your post with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook, and visit the other participants blogs. Have a great week.....


Until next time..... Lorie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maria's Space said...

Awww..he is a cute. Look at the smile.

How are you liking Permission Slips?

THe laundry...yuck..hate it.

I am sure your surgery will be fine. Sorry to hear that you are going in again. Where have I been? Didn't know about this.

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010