Friday, December 3, 2010

Disney Social Media Moms Conference - I'm GOING!!!

.



After a really tense registration period and an equally tense waiting period to find out who would be able to attend, this is what myself and several other bloggers received in their email inbox:

"LET THE SOCIAL MEDIA MEMORIES BEGIN!



Congratulations! Your registration for the 2011 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration is confirmed. We look forward to seeing you in March 2011 for a weekend of fun and professional development at the Walt Disney World Resort. We hope the conference will provide you a unique opportunity to grow in social media, hear from some of the key influencers in the online world and network with some of your respected peers."

WooHoo - I'm going to Disney World!! Which when you think of me, may not seem like a big deal because I live right here and I go there all the time and you KNOW how much I LOVE DISNEY WORLD..... However, THIS is a magnificent trip! This is an experience filled with special events, conference sessions and private parties taking place throughout Disney and includes 3 nights at the gorgeous Grand Floridian Hotel - where I have ALWAYS wanted to stay and it includes 7 day park hopper theme park tickets for the blogger and up to 3 family members!!

Here is the agenda as it stands (which I will update you as soon as I know more):

Thursday, March 17, 2011


     Check-in by 4:00pm at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa® for Full Celebration Attendees


     Welcome Reception for Celebration Attendees 4:00-6:00pm


     Dinner for Full Celebration Attendees and Family.


Friday, March 18, 2011


     8:00-9:00am: Check-in for Day Only Attendees at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa® Convention Center


     Conference Sessions throughout the day
          Breakfast and Lunch (all attendees)
          Dinner for All Attendees and Full Celebration Attendee Families


Saturday, March 19, 2011

     Morning activities for Full Celebration Attendees


     Free time in the parks with families


     Dinner for Full Celebration Attendees and Families


Sunday, March 20, 2011

     Departure Day


How exciting does this all sound???  I have been bouncing off the walls since I got the notice.  Now you know that I will be tweeting and emailing during the event and I will take tons of photographs (like when do I NOT?) and I'll blog all about it when I'm done.

I want to give a special shout out to my friend Kathleen from Life with 4 Boys (Twitter @KBunn) because if it weren't for her help on Thursday, I would never have gotten registered.... Kathleen, YOU ROCK!!  




{Disclosure: This trip is being provided by Disney at a very discounted cost with NO commitments being asked of bloggers. The opinions expressed within the post are those of mine alone, but you all know already that I LOVE Disney!}

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds kewl. I've often thought of doing a Blogger's Ball or something like that (the logistics always make my head spin).

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Congrats...how awesome. Glad it worked out.

XmasDolly said...

WOO HOO I'm glad you're so happy, and CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS! You deserve it. Don't forget to take notes we want to know all about it.

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh man Lorie, I'm so happy for you!! I KNOW this is right up your alley and like Dolly says, you deserve it xD

Now the hard part:: Waiting until March! Hehe.

Kathleen W. said...

Congrats! I'll see you there, or at least I hope so, as I'll be close to 6 month pregnant. Hope there are no problems that force me to stay home.

Kailani said...

Congratulations! Some of my other blogger friends are going, too. You're all going to have such a fabulous time!

Kailani
An Island Life

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving Gal! Rock it hard, Lori!

Maryellen

Tami Winbush said...

Oh - I hate you. No I don't! Yes I do! No I don't! Can I watch the dogs?

~ Noelle said...

CONGRATS!
I AM SO STINKIN HAPPY FOR YOU

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010