Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday's Music Moves Me... It's Almost Christmas!!

.


Welcome to the LAST Monday's Music Moves Me before Christmas - the absolutely FABULOUS meme that is hosted by me, XMasDolly, Larry from Cakeblast and Callie from JamericanSpice. We'd love for you to play along, it really isn't difficult, here's all you need to do:







First step: You need to run on over to You Tube, (or wherever your find your songs/videos) and get your pick for the day according to the theme. Upcoming themes are over on Dolly's blog on the right sidebar.








Second Step: Grab our "Monday's Music Moves Me" button below or on Dolly's right sidebar.





Photobucket










Third step: Dance with (follow) your hostesses (you can follow one or all four of us, which would be fantabulistic); grab our buttons; then sign the linky, either here or on any of the host blogs - they are all linked.





Final step: Start lookin' for a partner to boogie with on their blog, and say hello by leaving a comment, also PLEASE follow her/him. Also, if someone has been wonderful enough to follow you, be polite, and go on over there, leave a comment and follow her/him back. BUT, most of all... HAVE FUN and BOOGIE!!!





Now, for my selections, I want to start out with something fun. I love this song because it makes me smile and makes me feel like a kid again, plus I've had the privilege of seeing his artist do this song live - TWICE and you really cannot help but be happy when you hear it, so, I give you.....




It Must Have Been Ol' Santa Claus by Harry Connick, Jr.











For my next song, it is one that gives me such truly wonderful memories of my children. We used to sing this song all the time when they were little, I would sing the main melody and they would sing the back-up..... we would end up laughing so hard by the end. Plus, you know that I could not let the holiday go by without posting a song by, The King, so here is.....




Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley







For my third choice, one that just gives me chills because the song itself is just so beautiful and meaningful, but also because of the man who is singing it. He has an incredible voice and was taken from this world entirely too soon. Please enjoy.....




Ave Maria by Luciano Pavarotti







And for my final song, my favorite hymn done in a very unique way by an amazing group that I truly love. I hope you enjoy.....




Silent Night by Straight No Chaser







Thank you for indulging me with four songs this week, I hope you enjoyed them all. But then again, I'm one of the hosts, so I guess I can do what I want... HaHa. I cannot wait to hear what you have for us this week and for every week... you may be picked as a spotlight dancer if you keep playing.  This week's spotlight dancers in our top two spaces in the linky are:




CONGRATULATIONS!!




Now, don't forget to sign the linky, visit the participants, and leave a comment. For more Monday music fun, visit Amanda, Run DMT and Hairbows & Guitar Picks.




So let's get dancing, get into the Christmas spirit and have some fun...  If you don't celebrate Christmas, that's OK, just post something that moves you, we are happy to have anyone play along - WE LOVE EVERYBODY!!


All of us over here at Monday's Music Moves Me would like to thank you so much for helping us make this meme so successful over the last few months. Without your support, it would just be the four of us playing our songs for each other. We truly appreciate your showing up each week with your great songs and videos and playing along and teaching us a thing or two about all kinds of music. We look forward to playing along with you in 2011 and having lots of fun and dancing our way into the future. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!! HUGGLES.....


ROCK ON, MY FRIENDS!!

And remember, if you've had fun, feel free to share this post with your friends by retweeting or posting it to your Facebook page, we'd really appreciate it. Thanks!





.

19 comments:

Hazel said...

Great choices. It's been awhile since I listened to Pavarotti. I enjoyed It must have been... and loved the harmony of Straight No Chaser. They're awesome.

Happy holidays, Lori!

Run DMT said...

I have Harry Connick's first Christmas album and I wear it out every Christmas. "Happy Ho Ho Ho to you!" Love that!

Love all your other picks, but Harry is definitely my favorite. He's so yummy. ;-) lol

XmasDolly said...

Great job there girlfriend. MERRY CHRISTMAS. That first one was a hoot! I think the guy was even off key in spots, but to put Elvis Presley and then Luciano Pavarotti next to each other... LOL PERFECT - Both in their own rights KINGS & both singing for the original King's birth. Amen. Great job.

Anonymous said...

I love all your choices. I haven't heard Pavarotti in a long time and it's wonderful. So festive here and all the songs are excellent. :) Happy Holidays to you and your family :)

Anonymous said...

wish i had access to YouTube to play along.....can't even see what others have posted

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Great, great choice.

Luciano brings back memories from my childhood. My dad was a huge Luciano fan and he was always watching his Christmas concerts and singing along with him. My dad got pipes on him you wouldn't believe.

Tami Winbush said...

I love your songs and your huggles! :)

Tami

Anonymous said...

Great collection of Xmas music. I tried to listen and comment this morning but nothing loaded. Glad I stopped by again :O)

Colette S said...

Oh I love your line up esp Ave Maria! Whooooo.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Peggy said...

Four great songs.
I just sat here and listened and sang along. I didn't want it to end. GREAT CHOICES!!!
Merry Christmas Lori, hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Stacy Uncorked said...

AWESOME song choices, Lori! I haven't heard those in such a long time - they brought a huge smile to my face! :) Have a very Merry Christmas! :)

MMMM: Christmas Fun

Sofa King said...

What a selection of music! Awesome!

Thanks for visiting my blog, and have a wonderful Christmas & New Year!

Cakeblast said...

Great picks - my wife loves Harry Connick. I never listened to much Elvis (except the hits), but love the Bright Eyes version of Blue Christmas. I had thought of posting it, but have been feeling too jovial.

I just heard Straight No Chaser for the first time last week on another blog. It's great that your introducing them to a bunch more people by featuring them this week.

Classic NYer said...

I think I've heard that snc arrangement before... it gave me chills last time I heard it, too.

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh man, you chose some great songs by some fabulous artists there Lorie!

Happy Monday xD

Joanie said...

Great choices!!!

Anonymous said...

Tried to send this via email in response to your email to me but it kept coming back so....

Awww poor thing. I hope you feel better soon. It's cloudy here so we can't see it so I've watched on line. Awesome it is :) Happy Holidays to you and your family as well

Aloha

T

Alexis AKA MOM said...

LOVE the tree with the elf ladder on the side is GREAT!

And of course loving all the songs!

Anonymous said...

I'm still having problems loading blog sites and even more trouble commenting...but going to try again!

Love your choices for the week!! Never heard the first one...but I'm thinking it might be a new fave for me.

Take care!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010