Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Hanukkah (Chanukah)

.



Tonight at sundown begins the Jewish celebration of Hanukkah, which means "dedication" in Hebrew, correlating to the 25th of Kislev on the Hebrew calendar . Often called the Festival of Lights, the holiday is celebrated with the lighting of the menorah, traditional foods, games and gifts. There are many traditions and celebrations linked to the history of this beautiful eight-day holiday commemorating the rededication of the Second Temple in Jerusalem.

So to all of you celebrating this wonderful holiday:

"Blessed are you, Lord our God, King of the Universe,

Who has kept us alive, and has preserved us,
and enabled us to reach this season."



{Please forgive me if I have gotten anything wrong... Happy Holidays.}

3 comments:

Tami Winbush said...

As the follower of a Jewish man - happy Hanukkah to you! :)

T

~ Noelle said...

arent you just the best

Adaptable Kay said...

I feel bad I didn't think of doing this for my blog! What a thoughtful blogger you are Lorie :)

And even though I'm not Jewish, Happy Hanukkah to you!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010