Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday's Music Moves Me: Happy Christmas

.

Photobucket



Hey there my rockin' friends, it's time once again for our Monday's Music Moves Me, the fantastic music meme that XmasDolly and I are hosting, along with Larry from Cakeblast and Callie from JamericanSpice. Won't you play along... here are the rules:






First step: You need to run on over to You Tube, (or wherever your find your songs/videos) and get your pick for the day according to the theme. Upcoming themes are over on Dolly's blog on the right sidebar.




Second Step: Grab our "Monday's Music Moves Me" button above or on Dolly's right sidebar.




Third step: Dance with (follow) your hostesses (that would be me and Dolly); grab our buttons; then sign the linky, either here or on Dolly's blog - they are linked.

Final step: Start lookin' for a partner and boogie on down to her blog (or his), and say hello by leaving a comment, and tag (follow) her/him. If you've been tagged (followed) be polite, and go on over there, leave a comment and tag (follow) her/him back.





In honor of the holidays, for the whole month of December, we are posting holiday songs.  The first song I have picked is in honor of the 30th anniversary of John Lennon's death this past week.....


Happy Christmas, The War is Over by John Lennon





This next one is off one of my favorite Christmas albums and the song always makes me think of my darling husband Bill, so I am dedicating it to him, the love of my life.....




Another Year Has Gone By by Celine Dion





And now from another one of my favorite Christmas albums.....





Yep, I like Twisted Sister's Heavy Metal Christmas, too - I have a really wide range of taste in music. Hope you liked them all and they got you moving and in the Christmas spirit.


Now, don't forget to sign the linky and visit the participants and leave a comment. For more Monday music fun, visit Amanda, Run DMT and Hairbows & Guitar Picks.
 
 
So let's get dancing, get into the Christmas spirit and have some fun... Since next week we are continuing our theme of Christmas songs for the month. If you don't celebrate Christmas, that's OK, just post something that moves you, we are happy to have anyone play along - WE LOVE EVERYBODY!!


ROCK ON EVERYBODY!!!


If you like this meme and you've had fun, please tell others about it via Facebook or Twitter, please. Thanks a lot for playing along and sharing... We appreciate your support! HUGGLES.

11 comments:

Cakeblast said...

John Lennon is one of the greatest songwriters ever, and a great time to post one of his songs since Dec. 8th is a time of remembrance.

Thank you for posting the Twisted Sister song. I have the TS Christmas album. My 5yo has been all about Twisted Sister lately, which is my fault - I play their songs on guitar and am always singing. Now he is developing an eclectic taste in music that I have never seen in a preschooler.

I'm glad to see that we are not alone with this "really wide range of taste in music."

Rock on!

Run DMT said...

John Lennon's The War is Over is one of my favorites. Amazing how all these years later the words still ring true. It's timeless.

A Heavy Metal Christmas is a new one to me! Thanks for sharing it.

Peggy said...

Love the John Lennon song. Always have. He was such a genius!
Then you end with some fun.
A girl after my own heart!

XmasDolly said...

Twisted Sister? LOL YOU? You're kidding me right? ROFL FROM John Lennon, Celion Dion to Twisted Sister! OMG You're too funny! Doesn't this Celione Dion sound like a country song? Good choices girlfriend. I can't wait until Dave here's this one! lol

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard any of these and love them all. Twisted Sister was the bomb. :) Very well done my friend. :)

Anonymous said...

excellent choices...

Unknown said...

Great choices. I love John Lennon! I hadn't ever heard the Twisted Sister song, It gave me a smile though and definitely isn't your traditional Christmas song. I love the drummer "two pairs of spandex pants" lol

Colette S said...

This is what I love about the blog hop. I get to hear new songs I've not heard before.

I seriously can't believe I missed this Celine Dion!! I thought I heard all of hers.

Great song picks!

Enjoy your week!

Anonymous said...

I just KNEW you were going to post War is Over today. :o) You did catch me by surprise with Dee Snider however. It's good to be diverse!!

Stacy Uncorked said...

What an awesomely eclectic mix you picked this week! You ROCK! :)

MMMM: Box of Rocks

Alexis AKA MOM said...

HEHE Twisted Sister :)

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010