Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday's Music Moves Me - Just a Little More Christmas Music

.


Welcome to the SPECTACULAR Monday's Music Moves Me hosted by me, Dolly from XmasDolly, Larry from Cakeblast and Callie from JamericanSpice... the rockin' party where YOU get to share your favorite music with all of us.  Here's what you need to do:




First step: You need to run on over to You Tube, (or wherever your find your songs/videos) and get your pick for the day according to the theme. Upcoming themes are over on Dolly's blog on the right sidebar.






Second Step: Grab our "Monday's Music Moves Me" button below or on Dolly's right sidebar.







Photobucket






Third step: Dance with (follow) your hostesses (you can follow one or all four of us, which would be fantabulistic); grab our buttons; then sign the linky, either here or on any of the host blogs - they are all linked.





Final step: Start lookin' for a partner to boogie with on their blog, and say hello by leaving a comment, also PLEASE follow her/him. Also, if someone has been wonderful enough to follow you, be polite, and go on over there, leave a comment and follow her/him back. BUT, most of all... HAVE FUN and BOOGIE!!!




Since this is a freebie week and I'm not ready to give up on the holidays yet,  I have selected some more holiday music for you. Knowing as you do, my love for Disney, the first song I have chosen is a Christmas song with a couple of my favorite Disney Characters.....


A Very Merry Christmas by Jiminy Crickey and Mickey Mouse





And of course I have another beautiful song by the King... this one has a sentiment that is perfect for the Monday after Christmas. Here is....




If Every Day Was Like Christmas by Elvis Presley





And finally, just for new year's eve, something that probably everyone is thinking of, and probably several of you will post. I just can't wait to see the different versions, because of my heritage and the fact that I think it is beautiful, I chose this one.....




Auld Lang Syne by Robert Burns (at Celtic Connections 2009)





I cannot wait to hear what you have for us this week and for every week in the coming year... you may be picked as a spotlight dancer if you keep playing. This week's spotlight dancers, who are graced with the top two spaces in the linky are:




~~  Mrs. Claus   and    Hazel  ~~
CONGRATULATIONS!!


Now, don't forget to sign the linky, visit the participants, and leave a comment. For more Monday music fun, visit Amanda, Run DMT and Hairbows & Guitar Picks.




All of us over here at Monday's Music Moves Me would like to thank you so much for helping us make this meme so successful over the last few months. We truly appreciate your showing up each week with your great songs and videos and playing along and teaching us a thing or two about all kinds of music. We look forward to playing along with you in 2011 and having lots of fun and dancing our way into the future. 

Happy New Year to you all!!




.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really love your choices. Auld Lang Syne is hauntingly beautiful as is Elvis :O)

Stef H said...

oh that jimminey cricket!

love the elvis song and AULD LANG SYNE always makes me cry!

happy, happy, happy new year, my friend.

hugs :)

Joanie said...

I love your songs today! A fellow at work sings that version of Auld Lang Syne all the time. It's lovely!

Run DMT said...

I consider myself a pretty big Walt Disney fan and I had never heard that Jiminy Cricket song.

That Elvis song was lovely.

Your Auld Lang Syne pick is beautiful. I love the Celtic sound and melody.

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm not ready to give up on the holidays yet, either! :) Loved all your choices - I can't believe I've never heard that Jiminy Cricket song before!! :)

MMMM: Politically Correct Holiday

Anonymous said...

LOVED them all!!! Been a long, long time since I heard Jiminy sing A Very Merry Christmas! THANKS!

And Lorie, I left XmasDolly a note, but I entered my linky wrong and so on the list it's a broken link. I'm sorry...now someone has to remove it before I can re-enter.

Peggy said...

Lori;

Perfect trio of songs to end 2010!
I'm looking forward to 2011 and all the tunes that we all can come up with!
I posted a version of your last pick. Seemed like the right song for this time of year! :)

Anonymous said...

jiminy cricket and elvis in the same post??? that's like waking up to a bowl of cherrios and a mug of jack daniels....

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I'm still playing it in the car. Cole said to me yesterday MOM Christmas is over can't we listen to real music ... so not my son .. hehe

Colette S said...

I haven't heard this elvis before.

Very cool song choices.

My kids want me to replay #1 over and again! :)

Enjoy the rest of your week.

XmasDolly said...

Wonderful choices my friend! Love it. Haven't heard the first two in a very long time. The last one I've never heard. Thanks for sharing. So tired think I'll go to bed early. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas ! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Night Owl Mama said...

I love Jimmeny Cricket . HE's my favorite tooo cute.

Margaret Cloud said...

I am with the rest, Jimmeny Cricket is my favorite. Hope your Christmas was a good one. How are your dogs doing.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Don't you wish we could have Christmas music all year long? There's enough to last it instead of trying to cram it all into a few weeks, right? Doesn't everybody think you can never hear "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" too many times?

Happy New Year, sweetie!

Classic NYer said...

I'm loving these choices... I used to sleep on Elvis, but I think I need to listen to more...

~ Noelle said...

LOVE all the songs you picked!!!!!!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010