Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Remembering John Lennon

.



Thirty years ago today the world lost a wonderful musician and a true humanitarian: John Lennon.  I was 15 years old and I remember how I felt, I was so sad for his wife, his children, the world and then thought OH, NO now the Beatles will NEVER get back together.

This was the song that I believe would truly define the life of John Lennon.... I think it is a simple statement and something that we can all do -

Give Peace a Chance





Hug your family one extra time today and thanks for being my friend.

.

6 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Watched a J.L. special the other day. Nothing but interviews of him. Very interesting. Didn't realize how intelligent he really was.

XmasDolly said...

The man was a genius, and the love he had for his wife was really put up front, don't you think. I've never heard this version of this song though! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Two of my most favorite people in the world! We were so cheated to have John such a short time...but lucky to have him at all. I'm def going to add extra hugs into my day. :)

Adaptable Kay said...

This was beyond my time, but I've heard about all that he did and it does sadden me that such a wonderful, good human being was taken from the world too early.

However, he left a lasting impression for the better!

~ Noelle said...

so sad...
thanks for sharing

Alexis AKA MOM said...

that song makes me cry each time!!!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010