Sunday, November 15, 2009

Saturday 9: Man on the Moon



This meme was begun by Crazy Sam, here are her words:
"Welcome to Saturday: 9 . What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!"



Saturday 9: Man on the Moon

1. Do you think it was important to send a man to the moon? Yes... I only wish we could do it again. I think the administration should set aside money for the space administration for continued exploration of the moon, you never know when we may need to go up there, we may just make our own planet unlivable. We need to keep searching for other types of life out there, I think it is arrogant to think we are the only ones in the universe.

2. What is your biggest fear? I have two: a) That my son will be killed in Afghanistan; b) That my husband will die and leave me all alone.

3. If someone hung a sign around your neck today, what would it say and why? Hi, please don't come near me, I am paranoid, have PTSD and Social Anxiety Disorder, I am afraid of men and do not like to be approached or touched. Thank you.

4. What is the longest line that you've stood in and was it worth it? I can't remember specifically, but it was probably at Disney World, and I am sure it was worth it - I love everything Disney!

5. As the holidays approach, what song are looking forward to hearing again? Any Christmas song sung by Elvis... I LOVE his Christmas album and I play it over and over. I think that since my son is deployed, "I'll Be Home for Christmas" will be one that will touch my heart deeply this year.

6. Whose music do you think is the most important of your generation's? I'm not really sure, I don't really like my generations music, I like classic rock and music from the 50's and 60's (I was born in 1965), and really don't like music from the 80's... hated Disco and RAP makes me want to rip my ears off!

7. Do you find it is hard to be kind to strangers? Give an example. I don' like to be approached by people (see question #3), but I am kind to strangers by smiling at people that do not appear threatening - when I am with my husband. We go to Disney World a lot, and most people are happy there and I can be somewhat friendly by smiling at them, especially the children - and I am at their level, because I am in my wheelchair. I also try to compliment women when I see something that I truly like on them, i.e. hair, shoes, jewelry, etc. Also, I always thank military personnel and veterans for their service whenever and wherever I see them, they do a wonderful thing for our country and it only takes a moment out of my day to let them know how much I appreciate them.

8. When do usually lose your patience? When people are rude or mean to each other; and especially when adults are cruel to children - there is NEVER an excuse for that!

9. Is there a book that you're dying to see as a movie? I can't think of anything off hand, but I would love to see more Robin Cook (Coma) books made into movies. I love medical thrillers, they are my favorite.


That's it for this week, don't forget to head on back over to Crazy Sam's blog to link up your post and to view the other participant's posts. Have a great week....


Until next time..... Lorie

1 comment:

Felicia said...

I'm glad I read this.. because if I met you in FL I would've probably hugged you! Just the way I am. I know now to wave :)

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010