Sunday, November 22, 2009
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing. Sunday Stealing originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser:
"Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. Let's go!
Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Sarah at the blog Lady Mama. She states that Party Mummy (she did not provide a link) insisted she do the meme. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The Party Mummy Meme
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you. Larry Bird (December 7th)
2. Where was your first kiss? My friend Tammy's house (It was from her brother Randy - my first love <3).
3. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex? If yes, why? Yes, my two sons because they were behaving badly.... and they were under the age of three - it's called spanking.
4. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? When? Oh boy, twice, and large quantities of alcohol were consumed prior to the performance (really BAD performance). Once at a going away party for a coworker, and once on a cruise with a girlfriend after spending the day in New Orleans. Be glad there is a video of only one (which unfortunately I don't have!! Mark & Martha, PLEASE leave that tape to me in your will!!)
5. What's the first thing you notice about your preferred sex? How he treats other women. If he is kind and gentlemanly.
6. What really turns you off? When someone is mean or rude to other people, especially to children - NEVER any reason for that. Now don't get all up in my face about my spanking comment, these are two differnt things!
7. What is your biggest mistake? I don't like to think of anything as a mistake. It may have been an error in judgement at the time, but you can always learn from whatever you do. I had a horrible first marriage, but it wasn't a mistake because I had two WONDERFUL children from that union that I totally adore and am thankful for.
8. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose? No, but almost - my husband came into my life at the right time. Plus I couldn't leave my children alone. I had a very close friend who committed suicide around the time I was at my lowest and I saw the devastation it caused to those left behind, including her young daughter.... I couldn't do that.
9. Say something totally random about yourself. I love those really huge garlic pickles you get at the deli in those big barrels..... mmmmmm! (That was the first thing I thought of - weird.)
10. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity? When I was younger and skinnier: a) Melissa Gilbert; or b) Brooke Shields (I WISH).
11. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows? Yes... I love Disney movies!!
12. Are you comfortable with your height? For the most part, I sometimes think I'm too tall.
13. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you? The Hubs took me on a 12 day Mediterranean Cruise for our 10th anniversary.
14. When do you know it's love? You just do! I cannot explain it, it's easier to explain how to know when it is NOT love - if it is ever painful or hurtful it is NOT love.
15. What's something that really annoys you? Stupid TV commercials - I know, lame right? But because I spend a lot of time at home lying down, the TV is on and I swear, the people who write these ads think we are all morons!
Well, that's it for this week, hope you all have a fantabulistic week.
Until next time..... Lorie