Friday, August 27, 2010

Nikolaus on R & R in Connecticut

My son Nikolaus was able to go home from Afghanistan for two weeks on R & R a couple of weeks ago.  Because his unit is based out of Connecticut, that is where they flew him back to and he didn't have enough time or money to come down here to Florida to see us, but that was OK, I was able to talk to him and text back & forth a lot.  There was also a going away party for my niece who is moving to California with her husband and daughter while he was home, so the whole family got together.  Nikolaus sent a photo to me of himself and my other son Alexander from the party, they both look so grown up.



I miss them so much, but am really glad that they are both coming to visit this fall when Nikolaus gets home from his deployment for good.  They are going to try and make it at the same time because it has been 3 years since we have all been together.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.....

9 comments:

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

My fingers are totally crossed for you (and my toes too!). I hope you can all be together again this fall...what a beautiful reunion it would be. Your sons are very handsome...and I know you are so proud :)

Debbie said...

Oh, Lorie. I will certainly be hoping it works out. I can't imagine how you long to be with them.

fredamans said...

Good looking boys Lorie, so glad you got some moments with him while he was here, even if text. At least it was something and on home soil.
(((BIG HUGS)))

Margaret Cloud said...

You have a couple nice looking boys. I also hope it works out this fall for all of you. Have a nice weekend. Boy, three years must seem like a life time for you.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

You forgot to mention they are handsome, but I guess we can see that in the photo. I am glad he got some R&R, I hope he will be home for good soon.

Kimberly Grabinski said...

They're so handsome! I hope you get to see them soon.

Tami Winbush said...

Girl, you are going to be on cloud nine when they come see you! They are absolutely beautiful (don't tell them I said that) boys and they had to have gotten it from their momma!

Maria's Space said...

Look at those hunky boys. They do look grown up momma, but I see two "young pups". They have such baby faces. Very nice to have a picture of them together for you, I'm sure.

Hope he had a great time on his R&R and at the party.

~ Noelle said...

you know how i feel!
so glad he was able to enjoy R and R.
good looking boys you have there mama!
hope it works out for you!!!!!!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010