Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Nikolaus, Be Safe!!



Today is my first born son Nikolaus's 22nd birthday. Here are two photos of him..... the first when he was about a year and a half. Sorry it isn't very clear, it is downloaded from a tiny one on his Facebook page (his dad has the original). The second one is of him over in Afghanistan. I won't get a chance to tell him happy birthday today but I wanted to do it here so that when he does get a chance to look at a computer, he knows how much I am thinking of him and how proud I am of him. He is a remarkable young man and I miss him SO much.


So, Nikolaus, mommy loves you and misses you and prays that you come home safe with all your brothers and sisters in arms. You are and have always been a wonderful son and no mother could ever be prouder than I am of you. Love, hugs, and kisses!!
Until next time..... Lorie

15 comments:

Margaret Cloud said...

Happy Birthday Nikolaus, we are proud of you also. This is a nice tribute to him on his special day. I am saying a prayer that he returns to you safe and sound. Have a nice day.

Stef H said...

wow! happy birthday nikolaus! he's got such kissable looking lips! lol.

and he's in my prayers - always!

hugs

Kailani said...

Happy Birthday Nikolaus! What a cool way to spell his name!

Kailani
An Island Life

Simply Being Mommy said...

Happy Birthday Nikolaus!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Happy Birthday Nik, stay safe!

Gem said...

How quickly they grow!

Wishing him a happy birthday and many, many more!

SquirrelQueen said...

Happy Birthday Nikolaus!

Lorie, you have a very handsome son. I know you are very proud of him.

Tami Winbush said...

What a handsome man! Kissable lips? Wow, he's like 12! LOL Just kidding! :)

Tami

fredamans said...

Happy Birthday Nikolaus!

Stay safe!

Adaptable Kay said...

Aw, Happy Birthday to your 'baby' boy Nikolaus!

He will be added to my prayers list :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I hope he has a Happy Birthday.
I will keep him in my prayers.
You should be very proud of him.

~ Noelle said...

Happy Birthday Nikolaus!
Take care and be safe!
Know you are in our thoughts...

Lifeofkaylen said...

Happy Birthday Nikolaus!!

He looks like a total badass in that second picture....not so much in the first. :)
Ha-Nothing like a baby with a bucket on his head. I love that photo.

Thank you Nikolaus for serving our country and for being such a great son to a terrific mom!!! You are very loved.

Matty said...

Stopped in to say hello from Kayla's blog The Eclectic Element. She spotlighted us there today.

You sound very proud of Nicholas. As well you should be.

My parents are retired and live in Florida, near the west coastline.

Maria's Space said...

Awwww...Happy Birthday Nikolaus. Your mommy is so proud of you!

What a lovely tribute Lorie. Look at how he has grown.

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010