Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Stealing: The Disney Meme



Welcome back to Sunday Stealing: originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser:

"Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. Let's go!"

Today we are honored to have our very first guest host! Harriet, from the world famous Harriet and Friends blog picked today's victim. Harriet is also the host of Monday Mayhem a very clever meme. Harriet picked a meme from a blogger named Roger Owen Green from Ramblin' with Roger. He states he saw it at both SamuraiFrog and Jaquandor. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Cheers to all of us thieves!


Sunday Stealing: Harriet's Choice: The Disney Meme





1. Which non-Disney Princess Disney Film is your favorite? Live Action: Definitely Pirates of the Caribbean (love me some Johnny Depp!!!); Animated: Wall-E, he is just so darned cute!!


2. Which Disney film makes you cry the most? Bambi, too much death and destruction.

3. Which Disney film makes you the happiest? Cinderella - it was my first.

4. Which Disney film has the best music? The Little Mermaid

5. Which Disney film has the best love story? Cinderella, again because it was my first one and every little girl wants her Prince Charming. [No hate mail, please, I know it is unrealistic and teaches all those horrible values to little girls about men coming to their rescue, yada, yada, yada. But it is still just SO sweet - a girl can dream!]

6. Who is your favorite Disney Princess? I'm beginning to sound like a broken record..... Cinderella, I SO wanted to be her.

7. Who is your favorite Disney Prince? Prince Charming... from Cinderella

8. Who is your favorite Disney animal sidekick? Again, from "Finderelli", Jacques and Gus... the adorable little mice.
9. Who is your favorite Disney main character animal? Nemo... just because he had a little fin, it didn't mean he couldn't do everything the other little fishies could do!!

10. Who is your favorite villain? Hades, from the movie Hercules. I LOVE James Woods and I think he does such a good job in this part. [I know it's the devil, no hate mail for this either please, what can I say, he's just so cool in this?]

11. What is your favorite Disney song? "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty. My youngest son, Alexander and I danced to this at my wedding to Bill. Alex picked the song, it was one of his favorite movies and we used to dance around the house during this song. I also have a lithograph of the scene framed and hanging in his bedroom. It brings back such memories.

12. What is your favorite Disney villain song? From The Little Mermaid, when Ursula sings "Poor Unfortunate Souls"... my favorite line is, "You'll have your looks! Your pretty face! And don't underestimate the importance of body language!" I can still picture her shaking her scary body... eewww!

13. What is your favorite Disney animal song? From the Little Mermaid also, when all the fishies in the ocean sing, "Under the Sea"... it is SO catchy! You do know it will be in my head ALL night, thank you very much.

14. What is your favorite Disney Princess song? Same answer as #11 - it is Aurora singing this song about Prince Phillip.


15. What is your favorite Disney Prince song? I really can't think of a song a Prince sings by himself... They don't sing much in these movies, at least not in the classics that I watch, do they?

16. What is your favorite Disney Prince/Princess duet song? I really like "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, so sweet and romantic.

17. What is your favorite Disney love song? Bill & I always tease that "our" song is "Beauty and the Beast". He says that it is because I am so pretty (his words) and he is just a beast of an old man and what am I doing with him. I LOVE that man and the lucky one of the two, and just like The Beast, he has a heart of gold and is the sweetest most wonderful man in the whole world.





That brings us to the close of another Sunday Stealing. And for any of you that know me... this was a PERFECT one for me!!! Now don't forget to visit the other participants of this meme, I'm sure there are lots of great answers... see you next week. Hope you had a great weekend.


Until next time..... Lorie


Update... Thanks to Hootin' Annie's for posting a quiz to discover which Disney Princess you are most like. [Head on over to take the quiz and find out.] Here are my results:


According to the answers you have just chosen you are most like the Disney Princess Cinderella. [I couldn't believe it, I really didn't try to make it come out this way, HONEST!!]

Although gentle and soft spoken, Cinderella has a keen intelligent sense of humor which she wisely keeps hidden from her cruel Stepmother and jealous stepsisters. Finding delight in her tiny animal friends, able to sing as she works, Cinderella has true dignity something her Stepsisters could learn a thing or two about. Despite moments of heartbreak and disappointment, Cinderella holds onto her hopes until goodness and beauty are rewarded and dreams that she has dreamed do come true.

6 comments:

fredamans said...

I forgot about Wall-E!! I love that movie!

The Gal Herself said...

How cool is it that Beauty and the Beast is YOUR song? Great.

Somehow, I always forget that WallE was a Disney movie.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

How fun..Disney themed! You and Aiyana would get along very well. She loves Cinderella and of course, WILL be Cinderella when she grows up. She loves the little mice from Cinderella and wants them to live in our house they they can sew her the pink and white Cinderella dress, the one she wants SO BADLY!

We are going to go to Disneyland tomorrow and she is planning to wear her Cinderella dress.

~ Noelle said...

You know your Disney!
LOL, you crack me up!!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I think this is one of my favorites with all the wonderful childhood memories those movies bring to me :).

Maria's Space said...

Looks like you had a great time with this meme.

Cute.

Snow White was my first movie but I find it horribly scary for Goddess. She likes it though.

Of course you are Cinderella, I have no doubt.

Looks like your next Halloween costume should include some kind of big princess type gown.

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010