Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday 9: Don't Stand So Close to Me




This meme was begun by Crazy Sam, here are her words:

"Welcome to Saturday: 9 . What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!"




Saturday 9: Don't Stand So Close to Me



1. Who would you like not to stand so close to you? Everyone - I have Social Anxiety Disorder, I don't really like to be around anyone.

2. Which of the following aspects of your life would you think rates the highest: mind, body or spirit? Mind - it's also the one that is the most screwed up! :-)

3. What is your favorite movie line? Just ONE??? There are so many... and for so many situations:

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"
"After all tomorrow is another day."
"You're gonna need a bigger boat."
"Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"


4. What is your favorite movie title? I love the title: "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" - the movie itself was really silly, but the title is funny.





5. What is something that has happened to you that you would consider a miracle? The fact that I am still alive, trusted another man enough to fall in love and get married a second time.

6. What do you try to stay away from? Large crowds, men, being alone, small spaces, heights, and spiders. [That's what I can think of right now.]

7. What is it too late for? Me ever finishing nursing school... I got hurt halfway through and the neurosurgeon told me I would never be a nurse because of the permanent damage to my spine. [Not to mention the mental damage.]

8. Give someone credit for something and name it if you can. My Freshman and Sophomore science (Biology and Chemistry) teacher in high school - really increased my interest in science, math and medicine which was NOT the norm for girls at that time, making me really want to be a doctor.

9. Would you rather be famous now & forgotten after you die or forgotten now & famous after you die, forever? And why? Neither... I want to have made a difference in the lives of my children; raised them to be caring, loving young men who leave the world a better place; and be remembered by them as someone who loved them with my whole being, heart and soul. I don't care what the rest of the world thinks of me.



That's it for this weeks Saturday 9. Don't forget to link your post and visit the other participants. Have a wonderful week.


Until next time..... Lorie

5 comments:

Stef H said...

oh i definitely hate spiders! and what a beautiful sentiment on the last question - and absolutely awesome pictures!

hugs ♥

Maria's Space said...

I love the Spider pic "boo"! I hate those nasty things too.

Did we discuss how we were both in nursing school? I think not.

Seriously, had no idea we had more in common than we knew.

Maria's Space said...

I love the Spider pic "boo"! I hate those nasty things too.

Did we discuss how we were both in nursing school? I think not.

Seriously, had no idea we had more in common than we knew.

Tami Winbush said...

I love your answers to this! I don't like spiders either. I am freaked out everytime I see one or walk into a spiderweb outside when I am walking!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

My favorite line is the Frankly my dear and of course a great one from a cult classic film The Rocky Horror Show!

Love the pics!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010