Monday, October 5, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - October 5, 2009


Peggy began this meme The Simple Woman's Daybook in her words:

"Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'."


FOR TODAY ~ October 5th from Lorie's Daybook

Outside my window ~ Overcast, hot, humid, doesn't feel like fall at all.

I am thinking ~ Pretty soon our finances should get a little better.

I am thankful for ~ The fact that I am not going through this tough time alone. I have Bill, and that we are here for each other and we can still laugh together, every day.

I am wearing ~ A pink, green, and purple Mickey Mouse tank and shorts set.

I am remembering ~ How totally and completely afraid I felt just 1 month ago when Bill was in the hospital and I had NO idea what was going to happen to him, and I had no idea what I would do if I were left alone.

I am going ~ to do laundry today - whoopee!

I am reading ~ Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, with great difficulty... I just cannot get into it. Why do British writers feel the need to take 47 words to say what other very good writers can say in 5-10 what normal people can say in 2?

I am hoping ~ To get all our Halloween decorations up this week without hurting too much.

On my mind ~ The same thing everyday: my children (I miss them SO much), our finances, medical problems, and the economy in general.

From the learning rooms ~ Still trying to learn all I can about our iPhone and how to use it.

Noticing that ~ Lots of people are sneezing from the mold around here.

Pondering these words ~ The Hubs keeps reminding me, "Three more months."

From the kitchen ~ I made a delicious margarita pizza the other night, it was good for us, and it tasted delicious; plus I grew the basil myself.

Around the house ~ WAY too much laundry; and boxes & boxes of Halloween decorations.

One of my favorite things ~ Sunsets

From my picture journal ~ This is the face I see peeking around my laptop when I am blogging:


Don't forget to link your post up with Peggy's blog here.

Until next time..... Lorie

No comments:

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010