Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Stealing: The Starrlight Meme


Welcome back to Sunday Stealing. Sunday Stealing originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme



Today we ripped this meme off a blogger known as Starrlight from the blog Here Comes the Storm...In the Form of a Girl. She explains that she "Had this sent to me last night and now I have to share. Ah the Vedder." We really have no idea who she stole it from. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Cheers to all us thieves!

Sunday Stealing: The Starrlight Meme

1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth? Stuffed Peppers with Rice

2. Where was your profile picture taken? Disney World

3. Can you play Guitar Hero? Never tried

4. Name someone who made you laugh today. What was it about? The Hubs... I can't remember, he makes me laugh a lot, it is usually a one liner or just something silly - it is one of the main reasons I love him.

5. How late did you stay up last night and why? I was up until 2:00am - which is actually not that late for me... I was blogging, answering emails, talking to my friends via the Internet. It is amazing how many blogger mommies are up at that hour, I think it is the only time they can get a minute to themselves. :-)

6. If you could move somewhere else where would you and why? I really love central Florida, but I would LOVE to live on a yacht sailing around WARM waters such as the Caribbean and the South Pacific, as long as there were no pirates - unless they looked like Johnny Depp.

7. Ever been kissed under fireworks? A few times, but the time I remember the most, is at midnight December 31, 1999 at EPCOT with the love of my life, The Hubs... we celebrated the Millennium at our favorite spot in the world - Disney World, it truly was "magical"! (Yeah, I know you guys are gonna say I'm corny!!)

8. Which of your friends lives closest to you? I have several friends right in my hometown, that I value equally, so I won't name names. My BEST friend died this past year and I miss her so much! Love you Sue, and I always will!

9. Do you believe ex's can be friends? With benefits? OH GOD NO!!!!

10. Do you like Dr. Pepper? On occasion.

11. When was the last time you cried really hard? Really hard as opposed to just sniveling? In the parking lot of the hospital after The Hubs gallbladder surgery, when they told me they also had to take a liver biopsy - there was a potential for some serious consequenses and I didn't know what I would do if I lost him!

12. Who took your profile picture? My youngest son, Alexander... I really miss him, and my oldest, Nikolaus!!

13. Who was the last person you took a picture of? My little Yorkie, Nano... yes, he is a person with feelings! If you mean a homo sapien, it was of The Hubs, Bill.

14. Was yesterday better than today? Why? No - yesterday we were very busy with a yard sale; today was just a very relaxing day watching football. (GO NY Giants!!)

15. Can you live a day without TV? Sure... I have 3 DVRs... I would just catch up the next day... I know, I have a problem... isn't that the first step???? Hello, my name is Lorie, and I am a televisionaholic.....

16. Are you upset about anything now? Sure... isn't everyone? We all have worries every day, but the secret is learning to deal with them daily... that is why I am medicated! (Better living through pharmacology.)

17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it? Absolutely... I adore The Hubs... we never really fight (me: "been there/done that, doesn't work"; him: "I'm just too old and it doesn't work"), sure we have had disagreements, but we talk about them and work it out - NOTHING is worth losing each other - because we love each other, we mean the world to each other and NEVER want to be without each other. (Sounds hokey, I know, but we have been together for 14 years.)

18. Are you a bad influence? I don't think so, and I try not to be. But my family thinks I am because I don't belong to their religion, so they don't have anything to do with me -- their loss! (Took LOTS of therapy to get to that point, and it is my HEAD, not necessarily my HEART that says that out loud.)

19. Night out or night in? A little of each, depending on how I am feeling. Sometimes a night in can be TONS of fun!!

20. What items could you not go without during the day? Coffee, kisses from The Hubs, my laptop, chocolate.

21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? The Hubs, and too many times in the last year!! Let's hope it was the last time (fingers and toes crossed)!!

22. What does the last text message in your inbox say? Final score NY Giants 27 - KC Chiefs 16

23. How do you feel about your life right now? Nervous (hence the pharmacology)

24. Do you hate anyone? Yes... however the terms of the settlement prohibit me from disparaging him in public, or disclosing the amount in my favor! (Truth!)

25. If we were to look in your Facebook inbox, what would we find? Not on Facebook (See above answer - don't want to be found by him.)

26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass? No (again pharmacology - also see answer #24, cause of medication usage!)

27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before? Yes, my children when they were little (now they see the error in their ways); and The Hubs, but he is looking through rose-colored glasses.

28. What song is stuck in your head? That stupid Geico commercial song with that idiotic money bundle with eyes (creepy commercials).

29. Someone knocks on your window at 2 a.m., whom do you want it to be? Someone wearing a Kevlar vest, because I am calling a S.W.A.T team!!!

30. Do you (or did you) want to have grandkids before you’re 50? No way, my kids would be WAY too young to have had babies by then... However The Hubs has grandkids and I love them like they are my own (I'm 43), and it is kinda cool doting on them and not being responsible for them.
31. Tell us your Saturday night. Depending how I feel... TV (catching up on those 3 DVRs) and bedtime... Or heading out to the local Irish Pub for a pint of Guinness and some great food, they have the BEST chocolate cake for dessert, and some wonderful music. They even have Irish Step Dancers sometimes.

32. Do you think too much or too little? WAY too much... I analyze everything, and am afraid of everything, and think about everything bad that can happen (I have PTSD - see question #24).

33. Do you smile a lot? When I am with people I know and am comfortable, yes. If I am in a crowd, no. If I don't know you or if I am in a strange place or situation, I'll have one of those fake-I'm-scared-get-me-the-hell-out-of-here smiles on. But, The Hubs is always right there by my side with his hand in mine or on my back. What a guy (see why relationships are worth it!!!)
Until next time..... Lorie

3 comments:

A Blog In The Rough said...

Glad to see someone else up at 2am. I'm either blogging or reading and can't seem to stop! :)

Felicia said...

LOL!! I know.. I am usually up late too.. and you are right.. it is the only time I get to myself!

Angels said...

I love the answers to 15 and 16; Excellent and sooooo true!!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010