I have been so blessed to receive the Sunshine Award from four of my favorite people from wonderful blogs: Melissa from Outnumbered 3 to 1, Debby from Just Breathe and For Your Tears, Annette from Fairy Blog Mother and Dolly from XmasDolly. I think this is such a truly wonderful honor as I try to make people happy with my blog and bring a little light into their world, so thank you so much Mel, Debby, Annette and Dolly I really appreciate your thinking of me and love you all so much! I also think you all bring a great deal of sunshine to my life as well... Please, dear readers, head on over to their blogs and give them a look, you will NOT be disappointed!
Here are the rules of this award:
- Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
- Pass the award onto 12 bloggers.
- Link the nominees within your post.
- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
Here are the 12 bloggers I would love to share this award with (in no particular order):
- Beth from Manic Mother
- Kailani from An Island Life
- Margaret from Old Digger
- Erin from Mrs. Cox Slice o' Heaven
- Felicia from Go Graham Go
- Karen from 3Garnets & 2Sapphires
- Shannon from The Mommy-Files
- Jennifer from Eighty MPH Mom
- Michelle from Flying Giggles and Lollipops
- Noelle from Jumpin Beans
- Margaret from Nanny Goats in Panties
- Sissy from My Kids Might be Martians
These next two awards I received from my wonderful friend Kayla over at The Eclectic Element. She is a great blogger and has a wonderful Etsy site where she sells her beautiful hand made jewelry.
There are no special rules for this award, so I will just pass it on to my top five blog commentors - well, I have to skip #4 and include #6 because #4 happens to be the one and only Miss Kayla.
- 5. Maria from Maria's Space
- 4. Debby from Just Breathe and For your Tears
- 3. Crystal from Simply Being Mommy
- 2. Noelle from Jumpin Beans; and finally (drum roll, please....)
- 1. Alexis from Running Away? I'll Help You Pack!
I'd like to thank Kayla for also bestowing the Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award on me and in the spirit of the award, I'm supposed to list 10 things about me, you may know some of these and you may not, but here goes:
- My husband, Bill is 24 years older than I am, I am 44 and he is 68.
- I have two children: Nikolaus age 21 and Alexander 18; and two step-children: Del and Denise (ages will be left personal); plus 4 step-grandchildren. None of whom live in Florida, they are in Connecticut and Texas.
- I HATE green peas and will not eat them in anything.
- My middle name is Jean and my maiden name is Sullivan.
- I became the luckiest girl in the world when Bill and I were married on March 15, 1997.
- Bill & I went to Ireland for our honeymoon - we landed on St. Patrick's day.
- I have something Disney in every single room of my house (you probably could have guessed that one - TeeHee).
- My favorite colors are red, green and blue.
- I finally got my dream car in 2004, hubby bought me a blue (to match my eyes, he said) 2000 Jaguar XJ8 4-door Sedan. I LOVE it!!
- I have the most wonderful man in the world as my husband and am extremely lucky to be married to him. I make sure to tell him that every single day!
Annette from Fairy Blog Mother also bestowed upon me the Happy 101 Sweet Friend Award. I like being called a sweet friend so thank you Annette, I think you are a sweet friend also, even with your smartass attitude, when it comes down to it, you have a wonderful heart and soul and I am happy that you are my friend! I have met SO many wonderful people in the blogging and Twitter communities in the last year that I really would have a hard time picking out a few to receive this award, so I'd like to give it to you all - those of you who follow me, those of you who comment, those of you who subscribe and especially those of you who are always there when I need encouragement when I am down or send me an email to make me smile just when I need it most. Thank you for being my friends.
Finally I was tagged by my good friend Michelle at Flying Giggles and Lollipops for the 5-5-5 Tag. I am to answer the five questions with five answers and tag 5 more bloggers, here we go:
Question 1: Where were you five years ago?
- I was 39 years old
- Living in Connecticut
- Working as a Compounding Pharmacy Technician
- I played Pokeeno once a month with my girlfriends for $1.00 a game
- Bill & I went out to dinner every other Saturday evening for dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant (the one we got married at)
Question 2: What is (was) on your to-do list today?
- Give Nano a bath
- Watch movies with Bill
Question 3: What five snacks do you enjoy?
- Ice Cream
- Jelly Beans
- Potato Chips/Tortilla Chips and Dip
Question 5: What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
- Pay off my mortgage and pay off the house we are building.
- Buy both my children a home and pay off both my step-children's homes.
- Set up college funds for my grandchildren and pay for my children to go to college.
- Donate to animal, childrens' and battered women's charities.
- Take my marvelous husband and family (and Nano) on a cruise around the world on my own private yacht with a full staff.
And 5 bloggers to pass it on to...
- Amanda from Confessions from HouseholdSix
- Tami from Misc. Ramblings
- Lisa from Crazy Adventures in Parenting
- Connie from Brain Foggles
- Kaylen from It's Serious this Time
So thank you all so very much... Please visit all these fantastic bloggers, they are wonderful to me and have terrific blogs, I'm sure you'll find something you will like something you like.
Until next time..... Lorie