Friday, March 12, 2010

Orange Juice Prices To Rise


{Our new electric juicer}


One of the best things about living in Florida is fresh orange juice. Bill and I love to go right to the grove and get the oranges and make our own. We don't make it regularly, just if we are headed in the direction of the grove because it is about 30 minutes from the house. But, with the horrible winter that we had and the below freezing temps for 8 days in a row overnight, there was a lot of damage to the citrus crops in Florida.


Now, Tropicana (our preferred brand of orange juice) has announced that they will have to increase their prices and shrink the sizes of their containers. So it looks like Bill and I will be making our own orange juice a lot more in the near future.
The juicer is quite easy to use and has two filters, one for more pulp and one for less pulp - we like more pulp. One bag of oranges makes a 1/2 gallon of juice, that tastes SO good.
Then of course, Bill does the clean-up because he is the best husband in the world!!
Until next time..... Lorie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like some orange juice now! Hi Lorie! I am now a follower! Looking forward to getting to know you more!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Yum- that looks delicious!

Lifeofkaylen said...

I don't drink a lot of orange juice - not since I had a horrible drinking screwdriver (oj & Vodka) incident in late high school and oj and I have never really made amends.

However, this fresh squeezed stuff looks great!

I was sad to hear about the orange crops. We love oranges-sad they will be so expensive.

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh man, that looks so delicious!! I honestly think that making anything on your own is the way to go :)

Maria's Space said...

So glad I have some in the fridge and freezer. Now thanks to you I am totally craving it along with my constant craving for Grapefruit juice.

Simply Being Mommy said...

Fresh orange juice sounds delicious! I loved seeing all the orange bushes from the road as we were driving through Florida last month.

~ Noelle said...

so, when we come visit...
we get fresh juice?
yay!!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh yes that does look yummy, we don't drink it much but that is sad for the farmers :(.

Yup Bill rocks!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010