Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday 9: You're My Best Friend





This meme was begun by Crazy Sam, here are her words:


"Welcome to Saturday: 9 . What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love
memes, however, and here is today's meme!"



Saturday 9: You're My Best Friend




1. Outside of your romantic life, do you currently have a best friend? No. My best friend passed away about a year and a half ago.

2. Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for? To have my son Nikolaus home in one piece from Afghanistan, better health for myself, and to have 50 more years with Bill in our new house.



3. Have you ever helped out a friend with basic needs, like rent or food? If yes. what did you do? Not that I can think of... I have donated food to charities.

4. If they re-instituted the draft (for both genders and your were of age) would you go, or would find some way out of it? Yes if I were healthy enough. (Right now, I am not, but if I were I would go.)

5. Tell us one thing you wish you hadn't let yourself do. I have no regrets, there are things that have happened to me that were really horrible, but they have all led me to where I am now: married to the most wonderful man in the world with the two greatest kids in the world.

6. Tell us about the last time you bragged. Every day when I talk about how great my kids are and how terrific my husband is to me and how lucky I am to have them.

7. What area are you wisest in? I'm not really a master of anything... I know a little bit about a lot of things. I read a lot and have tidbits of knowledge about several things. Bill says I a "plethora of useless trivia," but that is because I beat him at Jeopardy! all the time. :-)

8. Tell us about something that happened that at the time made you "full of yourself". When I went back to college as an adult (15 years after I graduated from high school) and had at 4.97 GPA and was inducted into the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. My husband and kids came to the ceremony and were really proud of me and even put the announcement in the local paper with my photo. :-)

9. Has there ever been a time that you wanted to try something in the bedroom, but were afraid to ask? OK, even if I WAS afraid to ask my husband try something in the bedroom, do you actually think I would mention it HERE???


That's it for this weeks
Saturday 9. Don't forget to link your post and visit the other participants. Have a wonderful week.


Until next time..... Lorie

6 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I do love questions to answer. I am going to go and check this out.
So sorry about your best friend and praying your son gets home soon, safe & sound.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Being able to live a life without regrets is truly a wonderful thing!

Margaret Cloud said...

These were pretty good questions. I really liked your answer to #9, ha, ha. Have a nice Easter.

Tami Winbush said...

Your son will be home in no time! :)


God bless you and your family!

Tami

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Always prayers for Nik. HUGS sweetie.

Maria's Space said...

Awww...Nik. Yes we all can't wait for the post that tells us he is home.

I would have answered #5 the same way.

Wow, 4.97, that is something to be proud of.

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010