Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Stealing: Another Meme About ME



Welcome back to Sunday Stealing: originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser:

"Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!")


We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. Let's go!"




Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Calvin at the blog Calvin's Canadian Cave of Coolness. He states that he grabbed it Samurai Frog. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!



1. Are you currently in a serious relationship? Yes... I'll be married to the most wonderful man in the world for 13 years on March 15th.

2. What was your dream growing up? To be a doctor.

3. What talent do you wish you had? To be a professional photographer and travel all o
ver the world (on a yacht).

4. If I bought you a drink, what would it be? Grey Goose martini with 3 olives - but I really wouldn't let you buy me a drink because I don't let men talk to me, let alone buy me drinks. I don't even go out on my own.

5. What was the last book you read? Goldi by Kissa Starling (available on Amazon.com for Kindle)

6. What zodiac sign are you? Sagittarius

7. Any tattoos and/or piercings? Explain where. No tatts (yet), double pierced ears.

8. Worst habit? Biting my fingernails... I try to stop, but they grow to a certain length and they are so soft they start to peal, so I bite them. Drives me nuts!

9. What is your favorite sport? Football... NY Giants to be precise (insert joke here!)


10. Do you have a pessimistic or optimistic attitude? I TRY to be optimistic, but it's tough at times, a lot of crap has happened. I have some great friends who are there for me who keep me confident and reassured.

11. Worst thing to ever happen to you? I was assaulted by my former (intoxicated) employer... the terms of my lawsuit don't allow me to go into details, but let's just say that I didn't get enough money and HE didn't get enough jail time.

12. Tell me one weird fact about you. Just one??? I don't use shampoo on my hair (it just strips the natural oils)... I use baking soda, it makes my curls soft... then I use a deep conditioner.

13. Do you think clowns are cute or scary? Scary... and creepy. Don't like them one bit!!



14. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? My chin... it is not in proportion to my nose. I have never liked it, but I think it is because of my overbite.

15. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience? Conscience... I'm a "goody-two-shoes."

16. Ever been arrested? Nope... don't plan on it, either.

17. If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it? Take my husband on a really great vacation... he works so hard to take care of me, he needs someone to wait on him for a change. I really love that man!!


18. What's your favorite place to hang out at? Anywhere my hubby is... do I sound like a broken record or a sappy chick? Sorry, he is just such a sweetie-pie!

19. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes

20. Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Read or go on the computer... DUH!

21. Do you swear a lot? No... I will use euphemisms a lot, like "oh, poopie" or "fudge."

22. Biggest pet peeve? Bad drivers... we have some of the WORST here in our neighborhood. They think the STOP signs stand for "slow to observe for police." I am always yelling at them that it is NOT a suggestion. I also yell at drivers to slow down in our community. The speed limit is only 25-35 mph { Jen, you would not survive living here :-) } and people go flying down the streets going 50+mph. There are lots of kids and doggies { like my little Nano } around here - someone could get killed.

23. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Vulnerable

24. Do you believe/appreciate romance? Oh my, YES!! Romance makes love all the more special. Now back to my sweetie, Bill - just Friday he bought me flowers just because he loves me - for no other reason. I love that man (I know I said that already once today, sorry, can't help it).

25. Do you believe in God? Yes, but not in organized religion.



That brings us to the close of another Sunday Stealing. Now don't forget to visit the other participants of this meme, I'm sure there are lots of great answers... see you next week. Hope you had a great weekend.


Until next time..... Lorie

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh yeah. Totally freaked out by clowns! Sorry that you feel so vulnerable!

I am Harriet said...

Wow- that assault sounds pretty nasty. Good for you for hanging in there.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/how-to-make-money-blogging-im-game-and-stealing/

Annette said...

Organized religion...don't even get me started.

Stef H said...

go for that tattoo! you won't be sorry. i got my 1st one at age 51 and my next one at age 55. i'm still contemplating my 3rd. very addicting! and i have double pierced ears. not into other piercings!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ok the Ronald really freaks me out!!!

I so want to be there on that beach right now!

The flowers are beautiful just like you my dear!

Mouse said...

Loved your answers, and don't think the hubby ones are too soppy. It's great to hear of people who are so loved up, gives hope to the rest of us!! Liking those swear words, though as much as I try to be good (especially during road rage), other words just force themselves out of my mouth. Go figure :D

Have a great week :)

Tami Winbush said...

Lorie - I knew we were sisters in spirit! I can't stand organized religion either. So full of hypocrites. If I wanted to deal with them I would talk to my family more!

Kimberly Grabinski said...

Clowns are just creepy.

Great list, I enjoyed reading all about you!

~ Noelle said...

lol, clowns.. too funny

Maria's Space said...

Clowns are creepy I agree
Baking Soda? Really?! Interesting. I never knew that.
Your chin is perfect
I want to be where those people are. Laying on a chaise in a pool being served.

teee heee...Love it!
Oh Poopie and fudge! Really? So cute. I need to change my terminology. Poopie is much better than what I say.

Hahahahahaha...I do here this about Florida. My dad tells me the same thing about the stop signs all the time.

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010