Monday, March 22, 2010

Random Thoughts

RANDOM THOUGHTS




Here are some thoughts that have just come into my head over the last couple of weeks, they are really of no special meaning and may amuse some of you or may have no affect on any of you. They are just stuff that came to me..... enjoy:


  • We can go an entire month between putting gas (actually diesel) into our VW Bug. Does that mean we are frugal or have no social life?


  • Bill and I went to the Adult Active Community where we are building our new house for a social event last weekend - just dessert, coffee and some drinks - and they had a swing band. It was a great band and a few couples were dancing, I leaned over to Bill and said, "Gee, I really wish you could dance." He replied to me, "Gee, I really wish you could WALK." Touche'... He has a great way of making me laugh.

  • I have never seen a man so happy to get a new vacuum.
  • Bill brought me a toasted bagel the other day because he thought I might be hungry. I told him that was just so sweet, he said he had to live up to all that stuff I was writing about him on the blog.

  • Is it bad that Bill and I ate an entire loaf of fresh, warm French bread that we brought home from the French bakery/bistro - standing at the kitchen peninsula at 4:00 in the afternoon? It was supposed to be for dinner... Oops!

  • Bill and I can never seem to be the same temperature at the same time: when he is cold, I am hot... I keep having these hot flashes and he has these freezing hands. I told him I can't help it I have menopause... his reply: "I must have Santa Claus!"

  • I love IM-ing my hubby who is just down the hall from me... he is in his office and I am in the bedroom. I send him messages like, "I love you" and he sends back, "I love you, more." We can get really silly! This morning I sneezed three times... I got an IM that said: "God bless you!"

That's it... just some silly stuff that I've been thinking about... hope you all have a great day!

Until next time..... Lorie

12 comments:

Book Lover said...

Had to laugh at the no social life lol
Your hubby sounds sweet, and he vacuums? That's crazy! Does he give hubbys lessons?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

New house ~ how exciting is that!!
Love that you txt him down the hall, that is too cute!

Stef H said...

ahhhhhhhhh life is good!

Maria's Space said...

hahaha....this post was so fun to read.

I love Bill and I don't even know him.

Love the picture of him and his vaccuum. Hope he saves some of that love for you. He looks smitten.

Joe and I used to IM each other about dinner plans while we were on separate computers in the same room before kids. We would spend weekends wasting away online playing games or hanging in chat rooms. It was pathetic.

Anonymous said...

Dancing with the vacuum - that's my kind of man!!!

Tami Winbush said...

You guys are so adorable! I'm so glad that you have him!

I have someone like that too!

Margaret Cloud said...

When I saw Bill dancing with the vac, I immediately thought of Robin Williams. I like your random thoughts, sometimes I think they are the best. We are two temperatures also, my husband=warm andd me=cold, nice post.

Felicia said...

That's so cute Lorie. I love the picture of him with his vacuum. Matthew loves his vacuums just as much.

Adaptable Kay said...

Aw, you guys are just so adorable!! I hope one day to have what you guys have :D

Tell him that I seriously love the picture-He needs to pose with other inanimate objects more often! Haha.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

LOL I would love a new one, mine is held together with duct tape :)

~ Noelle said...

Bill is Loving it!
Tell him he can come clean for us! Ha ha

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

OK, I now officially love Bill. A man with a vacuum? Does it get any sexier than that?

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010